New Owner in CO - 2006 VOI

WestminsterSlim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all. New owner of a beautiful 2006 VOI Coupe. My very first Viper, and couldn't be happier. Only pictures I have for now are from unloading and parking sadly. January in Colorado means it hasn't left the garage since it was delivered. Fender emblems were removed by the previous owner, but I already have a new set ready to go back on. Looking forward to getting out to some events and meeting other Colorado owners. Aside from some aftermarket exhaust bits (not sure what yet), she is stock. Only modifications planned for now are 3M film for the front and tint come spring / summer. Thanks for having me, happy to be part of the site. :D

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congratulations, I am sure it kills you not be able to drive it right now. check pics I do not believe they came through.

OP
OP
W

WestminsterSlim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It has been a seriously rough week not being able to take it out. At the very least I'll be able to put 5 miles or so on it in the next week to get emissions done. :smirk:

OP
OP
W

WestminsterSlim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

That would be great. Where would I find the plaque number on the car? Are you referring to the piece on the center console?

Also, pics should be working now

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!!!!! Your car is gorgeous. Maybe you could get her out and crank her up. That would definitely melt the snow and maybe Kickstart spring :rolaugh:

OP
OP
W

WestminsterSlim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Broomrider :)

The weather has actually been decent the last week or so here, but still a lot of leftover road grime from the plows which has me reluctant to take her out. Getting antsy though, I may not be able to resist much longer. Haha

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM me if you are interested in bringing that monster to the track.
I am a Driving Instructor. I have organized a club that uses our local roadcourse here in La Junta. (we have a few other Denver folks that come down to drive with us)
We have 6 HPDE's scheduled here this season beginning in April.
I also run with other clubs and at the other tracks. -hopefully we'll see you some time.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
....and Allan and all of the rest of you Viper Track Addix need to check out www.racemph.com for the Viper Rendezvous this coming June. We had over 50 Vipers at this event last year in Hastings , Nebraska, and many Colorado Snakes slither over for this Viper event.

Check it out under the Motorsports Park Hastings website.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and 'wicked.' Nice Looking Viper.

Enjoy your 'hand built' American Muscle Car and the sound of the V10. Keep that radio off.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....and Allan and all of the rest of you Viper Track Addix need to check out www.racemph.com for the Viper Rendezvous this coming June. We had over 50 Vipers at this event last year in Hastings , Nebraska, and many Colorado Snakes slither over for this Viper event.

Check it out under the Motorsports Park Hastings website.
Broom is headed to that . I can't wait. I hope to have fun and learn a lot. Plus someone promised me a special ride in their car:D

OP
OP
W

WestminsterSlim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PM me if you are interested in bringing that monster to the track.
I am a Driving Instructor. I have organized a club that uses our local roadcourse here in La Junta. (we have a few other Denver folks that come down to drive with us)
We have 6 HPDE's scheduled here this season beginning in April.
I also run with other clubs and at the other tracks. -hopefully we'll see you some time.

I would absolutely love to get some track time. Been wanting to participate in an HPDE for a few years now. I will be in touch once things warm up. :)

Congrats and 'wicked.' Nice Looking Viper.

Enjoy your 'hand built' American Muscle Car and the sound of the V10. Keep that radio off.

Thanks much, and way ahead of you on that one. Not exactly sure what exhaust work the last owner did, but I wouldn't be able to hear much from the radio anyways. :2tu:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Slim,

Get you skinny self out to the Viper Rendezvous in June , and I will make sure after a fun day at the track the first beer for you will be on me. Good way to start an HPDE -- with a bunch of other Vipers.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't realize the VOI editions came with the "H" wheels. I assumed they all had the 5 spoke. Killer color combo.

OP
OP
W

WestminsterSlim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't realize the VOI editions came with the "H" wheels. I assumed they all had the 5 spoke. Killer color combo.

Thanks much. :)

I'm personally not too well versed on the wheel setup on the VOIs. Bill explained to me why a few got the H spokes, but I can't remember the story behind it. Something to do with a shortage of 5 spokes from the wheel supplier I believe.

DougTomczak

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey Allen,
I just got my 2003 Viper, and I didn't know we had a track in La Junta, please let me know the dates, so I can try and make a couple of them. I am up here in Pueblo CO. Thanks

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Congrats ! Love the wing. That one looks like it was delivered at voi9 Las Vegas

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Maybe its in these pics?
I think there was only 1 delivered at voi9 2016' with the Prefix wing according to the viper registry.

OP
OP
W

WestminsterSlim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you :)

It was definitely a Vegas delivery car. And thank you for those bottom pictures, very cool. I hadn't seen either of those before. I bet it is hiding in there somewhere.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Viper John there were very few done with the H spokes, but they were done at the time since Dodge was running low on 5 spokes. The gentleman in charge of Marketing at the time , good friend, was asking me what I thought customers would think about a few cars coming with H spokes as supplies were low -- I told him I would take 3-5 with H spokes as Viper owners love something that is just a bit more rare. I think there were somewhere around 10-15 total done with the H spokes.

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe its in these pics?
I think there was only 1 delivered at voi9 2016' with the Prefix wing according to the viper registry.

Look closer at your picture, the two on the front row have a wing, the viper on the right is probably slim's

OP
OP
W

WestminsterSlim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is a good catch. Wing and H spokes. It probably is. Definitely keeping that picture to add to my folder / collection.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes love the color combo I think one of the nicest viper ever made but not a fan of the wing that just me lots of people love vipers with the wings//////

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper