whats a good price to sell a 2001 GTS

Chpa1028

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering what would be a reasonable price to sell a 2001 GTS with under 14k and make it go soon. I was hoping to get 50 for it but after reading some of the other forums its looking like im too high. Is 46k reasonable? Anyone looking for a yellow GTS in good condition?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
46K seems reasonable. How old are the tires? Does car have stripes or is it solid yellow? Are all services up to date? Rear diff/tranny, etc.

OP
OP
C

Chpa1028

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Tires have less than 100 miles on them. The car has black strips. The car was serviced a little over a year ago before getting stored in a heated building. It has only been out a few times. I posted it on here in the classified section. Does anyone know of someone in the market for this vehicle?

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is the problem that i see with your car. the stripes are aftermarket which is ok but whoever did them screwed them up beyond recognition. they are so wide that the car almost looks like a dodge stealth on steroids..they are not factory width spec but rather something else. that alone eliminates 50% of the buyers. Peel the black stuff on factory wheels to bring back the factory polish. There is too much junk in the trunk too, which would appeal to a certain age group with less money in their pockets. you know what i mean. that just my honest opinion. even $46000 would be the right money minus all the "attention gettors"

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...not sure this matters, but...Summer of 2005 I picked up my 2001 Yellow GTS one owner with 7700 miles bone stock for $55700.00. Fast forward 10+ years for what you are offering....not sure anything around $50k is going to be in the market. But you just never know!!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is the problem that i see with your car. the stripes are aftermarket which is ok but whoever did them screwed them up beyond recognition. they are so wide that the car almost looks like a dodge stealth on steroids..they are not factory width spec but rather something else. that alone eliminates 50% of the buyers. Peel the black stuff on factory wheels to bring back the factory polish. There is too much junk in the trunk too, which would appeal to a certain age group with less money in their pockets. you know what i mean. that just my honest opinion. even $46000 would be the right money minus all the "attention gettors"

This ^^^^^ plus it shows to be a 6 owner car. I see no bites on ebay at $42K, so what did you pay for it???

BTW vca, this is a dealer asking for pricing info

OP
OP
C

Chpa1028

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Redtanrt10 you are right! The car is at a dealer, but it is still a privately owned vehicle. I appreciate all the feed back you guys are giving me. The 42K was a starting point hoping someone would bid it up. I can assure you when this car sells its a buyers gain. All the talks about how dealers wont take a Viper in on trade is probably because of the turn around time. That's a lot of money to have tied down for one slow moving car.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
You're probably looking at an actual selling price in the high 30's to move it quick. If the seller is willing to wait, $42-44K

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the right money for this car is high 30s. The pedigree is not there....the only thing is the good miles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456