No Return Reply from the VCA

Bad Brad

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I received a E-Mail the other day from the VCA asking WHY I have not renewed my membership!!!
I had answered them , that for 2015 I was Never Identified as a member only as a owner, Only received 2 issues of the magazine, (only produced two due to lack of $$$$$) and that there seems to me anyway a lot of Nasty talk between members.
Especially feedback on new threads. WHY? and talk about the VOA WHY? People don' t want to be civil? The VCA talks about benefits of belonging to the club, I did not get Identified as a member, the magazine, that's only two areas, where are the benefits? Seems to me there are a lot of legal problems this club has, old threads, years old, simpler ways to post, clean up the site. Fix the issues, the Viper seems to be going away in 2017, maybe the VCA also, anyway that's my opinion, I am sure I'll get a response from you guys, still waiting a response from the VCA. ( This ought to be good ) just a owner now not a member.:omg::dunno::brick:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Bad Brad--
So sorry about your situation. For me the club has been a God send. I've had great help from VCA members and from the VCA archives dealing with several issues over the years. Also, and maybe this is because of the chapter I'm in (North Central Florida) I've had some great activities, including a one on one with the Viper Engine Guru Dick Winkles. All in all membership has been a very positive experience for me, and I've met many wonderful people as a result of the club. Several of these new people have become very good friends.
It upsets me that you feel the way you do, however with what you've experienced I understand why you feel the way you do--Dave

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad, I am sorry you feel this way. I believe you and I have communicated, and I have been told that other board members have reached out to you, too. In fact, I was told, when I followed up on it, that you even confirmed that you receive your local club event emails, just have opted not to participate. And, if you couldn't figure out how to change your avatar, you should have let me know. I would have had a webmaster walk you through it - in fact, he is doing that today for someone else. We don't like to dwell on the negative issues that we face as a club, but they are what they are. We are celebrating our 20th year in existence, and we have the desire to make it another 20 years if we can. We have a new Club President who is very proactive. We have some great new regional directors who have volunteered to help. We are striving to update the website to make it more user friendly. We are working to get all of you members more perks, better events, etc., but all of that takes money - money that we receive from membership renewals. I respect your opinion, though, Brad. If you feel that the time is not right to renew your membership with VCA, then don't. Hopefully, we will be able to show you what we are really about in the near future, and you will reconsider.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BB,
I know your concerns have been addressed previously by myself and others. CJ I know has bent over backwards to help you with any question you have had.
Your email reminder for membership was friendly no doubt. We are a passionate club with a diverse people. Sometimes there is bickering and joking, it's just
how things are. I invite you to jump in and join in great conversation, but no one here will drag you kicking and screaming. You will get out what you put in, just
like life. Sometimes you must take some initiative for yourself. Such as being apart of your regional club. The part in your post about, "this ought to be good"
Seems a bit antagonistic. While you are screaming why, ask yourself that question. :D

OP
OP
B

Bad Brad

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you Viper CeeJ for your sincere reply and understanding, I could comment further how life should be easy, why all the difficulties in having a membership in a club, or anything in life is hard for no apparent reason. as in not receiving the simple benefits expected when you sign up.
But I won't dwell on negative issues as mentioned, I will get to a Viper Club event, it seemed the weather, previous plans, or distance were
a issue for me ,not just Opting out,. the remark " this ought to be good " was meant to get reply's to address the magazine problem and Identify membership problem, NOT to be antagonistic as that just goes to show what I mentioned about negative civil opinions other members have. But I admit writing on these forums is a matter of Interpretation of the statement. So all is forgiven. I will think Positive, will renew my membership and look forward to meeting some of you in the near future. I Love my first Gen Viper, and it is Unique as all members in the VCA . Now how do I get a Avatar ??

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for understanding and your support, Brad. I saw that your renewal has come through.
I see that your username already associates you as a member, so that is taken care of. For an Avatar or Profile Picture, please click on "settings" next to the login box at the top. This will prompt a drop down box at the side of your screen. Third heading down is My Profile. Click on any of these to alter them. You can edit your profile, your picture, add an avatar, add a signature - whatever you would like. You can use a file from the internet or from your desktop.
Just FYI - I am currently working on the membership drive and getting the membership packets done and then mailed out. As soon as they are complete, my next task at hand will be the next Viper Magazine. Let me know if you need any other assistance. Glad to have you with us!

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Bad Brad--
So glad you reconsidered. All members are important, because, in my experience, each member has something helpful to contribute as a need arises in their area of expertise. I'm sure your unique knowledge will help some member down the road--at least that's the way it's been for me. Hope to meet you someday at a VCA event--Dave

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Bad Brad--
So glad you reconsidered. All members are important, because, in my experience, each member has something helpful to contribute as a need arises in their area of expertise. I'm sure your unique knowledge will help some member down the road--at least that's the way it's been for me. Hope to meet you someday at a VCA event--Dave

Hi Dave ! Brad has sent me some ideas of things he 'd like to do in his area of the state. Since our calendar is pretty STUFFED through April, I am hoping to plan something around May ,June, or July. I'd love to see his 95 RT 10 this year but he wants us to come up with some events closer to him that he won't have to drive so far. Understandable !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave