Clifford Alarm System

Dr. Pepper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my first Viper- a 94 RT 10 with 15k miles. While going through the car I discovered it had a Clifford Intelliguard 800-IQ alarm system installed- probably back in 94 or so according to Clifford. There is no remote for it and I would like to remove the system. I traced some wires and found the control box stuffed up under the passenger side dash. It has two multi-wire connectors coming out of it and miles of colored wires all bunched up. Has anyone ever removed one of these? I was thinking I would just trace each wire from where it leaves the control box to where it ties in to a factory wire and disconnect each wire that way. Not sure if I could mess something up like the car's computer (if it has one?) Also- I'm in Canon City, Colorado- wondered if there were any other Gen 1 owners in this part of the state. Thanks

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Viper, Gen 1s are very fun cars. All I can tell you from watching a lot of movies is do not cut the blue wire:rolaugh: Doc before you mess with that have someone who is good with alarm systems look at it, that will save you a lot of problems. Just my 2 cents. enjoy the car.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've installed a few of those before, I was a big Clifford fan.

You should have two or three main connectors; more than likely, most of the thin wires should be piggybacked onto the rest of the accessories of the car (windows, locks, etc). It's the big connector with the thick wires that you need to be careful with. Specifically, it cuts your ignition and starter wires (interrupts them). So you need to go back to the source of where they cut the wires (more than likely underneath the steering column), and reconnect them (safely). Remember that ignition and start wires can carry around 40-50 amps of current.

whatthe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed my alarm that came with the car also a 1994 according to the factory manual the car has to be running when you remove it or it will cause a no start condition

OP
OP
Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I also located a dealer/installer in Colo Spgs who was very familiar with the old alarms. He gave me some good tips too- said to carefully disconnect each wire leading from the control box- and the pink and the pink/white wires are the ones that tie into the car's starter wire. I'll let you know how it turns out in case anyone else ever has to do this.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
You could make it really entertaining by taking pictures

OP
OP
Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got all the alarm wires out- bet the car weighs 25 pounds less..............
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper