Reaction score
What's it doing in the driveway. You should be in it....... Driving.... Smiling

OP
OP
M

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha. I took off this morning from work to do just that. Logged close to 40 miles already. It's awesome, it's got so much torque. At what temperature do these GEN IIs Run? I'm seeing just under 200 degrees, does that sound about right? I've also noticed it does not like to be driven very slow. When creeping along in first, it tends to **** back and forth. I guess it's the vipers way of telling me to give it more fuel!

ViperVass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haha. I took off this morning from work to do just that. Logged close to 40 miles already. It's awesome, it's got so much torque. At what temperature do these GEN IIs Run? I'm seeing just under 200 degrees, does that sound about right? I've also noticed it does not like to be driven very slow. When creeping along in first, it tends to **** back and forth. I guess it's the vipers way of telling me to give it more fuel!

Yes I noticed the optimal operating temperature seems to be around 190. The fan kicks in a little above 200 for mine.
Stop and go traffic will make the car run pretty hot, there is even a note of it in the owners manual saying the car is not designed for stop and go traffic.

At low RPM the car will ****, because of the "lumpy cam". My understanding is that this has to do with the valve timing and was done so by the factory, for all of the Gen2's pre 2000, to give it that "muscle car" feel.

OP
OP
M

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the breakdown ViperVass. Seems like everything is running just like its supposed to. I keep finding excuses to take it out for a spin so I've alreadyburned through a whole tank of gas. I love this car!

ViperVass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the breakdown ViperVass. Seems like everything is running just like its supposed to. I keep finding excuses to take it out for a spin so I've alreadyburned through a whole tank of gas. I love this car!

Just one ? :)
What's your MPG?

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bill, yeah sure I'd love to meet up. I actually called Doug yesterday and plan to take the car to the shop the following week once it arrives in Miami. I need to have the A/C looked at and want him to look over the car.

Not sure if you've read the posts before but I don't want to disappoint you if you're expecting a *********. My name is Javi...short for Javier. lol.

Javi, no problem, just a little disappointed :) Looks like my car might be there for at least another week. Once I find out when its ready, I'll pm you and see if you are available.

OP
OP
M

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperVass, I have no idea. Haven't bothered to check but I'd be lucky if I was in the double digits.

Bill, I'll be taking the car to Doug either tomorrow or Wednesday before going out of town for a few days. I'm not sure how long he will need to keep the car in the shop but I'm sure we will cross paths.

Tyrenith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow congrats MiaViper! im new to the forum and in the same boat as you were a couple weeks ago lookin for my first viper! but i read through your whole experience and im glad everything worked out for you! the car is absolutely beautiful and its amazing how much support the fellow members showed! totally awesome. I just posted my own thread in the new members section, not sure if i was supposed to post it there or in the Gen2 section like you did but either way hopefully i can have the same luck as you man!

OP
OP
M

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. The members on here have been great, I really did get lucky. I just replied in the thread you started. Best of luck!

OP
OP
M

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know it! Getting some maintenance items done first.

Bill,

I dropped off the car at Doug's shop today. Looks like she needed some TLC on the fluids and radiator. It will be there until early next week. I saw your viper, looks great but I was tempted to draw "wash me" on it lol.

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Javi,

thanks!, I went down a couple weeks ago to put a few hundred break in miles on the new clutch. Doug had the car detailed and it looked great but it rained a lot the 3 days I drove it. When I brought it back to him it looked like I had just competed in the Cannonball.

OP
OP
M

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, Doug vouched for how clean your car was/is! I'm hoping mine will be ready by the weekend. Doug is taking care of a bunch of maintenance and preventative stuff on mine.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats, best thread I've read on the vca in years. all positive and helpful

OP
OP
M

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm having withdrawals already not having the Viper for the last few days. I'm hoping to have it back by Tuesday or Wednesday.

OP
OP
M

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put together a quick photoshoot after Sunday brunch with the wife.

You must be registered for see images attach

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperVass, I have no idea. Haven't bothered to check but I'd be lucky if I was in the double digits.

Bill, I'll be taking the car to Doug either tomorrow or Wednesday before going out of town for a few days. I'm not sure how long he will need to keep the car in the shop but I'm sure we will cross paths.
Doug who? Who do you use down there in Florida for Viper repairs/mods?

Congrats MiaViper on the Viper purchase.

OP
OP
M

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks agentf1.

I had Doug Levin look over the car. He's in Davie, Fl and has been working on Vipers for over 20 years. He replaced all the fluids, replaced the radiator, and fixed the A/C for me. I was very happy with the work. His number is 954-434-9356.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper