Bump Steering Kit

cigar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had springs that had been lowered 2", I bought BC Coilovers because of recommendations here, my suspension guy works on race cars all the time so I trust what he is doing, after installing the shocks and aligning the wheels he test drove the car and says he needs a bump steering correction kit. I called BC Racing and they were no help at all, telling me that all Vipers have that problem, they have had all generations of the cars including ACRs in their shop with the problem. My guy says he has the kits for other cars but never a Viper, does anyone here know of a brand of bump steering kit that's best for the car?

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You will need to shim the steering rack. You need to remove the shocks, unload all the control arm bushings, then check the toe change from drop to bump. Shim up the steering rack on each side for the least amount of toe change. For a 1 inch drop start with a 1/4 inch shim on each rack mount.

OP
OP
C

cigar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan, but wouldn't the kit, if there is one for the Viper, make the job a lot easier? I found this on the net. I also found this on this on Viper Parts USA, called Jon B but he just referred me to the people who I bought the shocks from, BC just told me it's a problem with all Vipers.