Help with my 94

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all!
I was out last week with the car, the temp was cold on the way back and had the heater on.
This week on the floor of my garage was a puddle of antifreeze. ?? There was no leaks inside the engine, looked inside the front Fascia where the overflow bottle was, and found some antifreeze. The main tank was full, the overflow was '1/2 full like it had been. I can't locate where / why it's coming out from ? Any hints would be helpful. The system was changed a while ago, never had an issue before, this.

I ran the car just now again, with the heater on, and inside there was more antifreeze in side the Fascia. I cleaned it out, hosed it out with water. Can't figure it. no signs inside the compartment, and no hose leaks.:omg:

Dave

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Head gaskets are first suspect. If you still have your original gaskets, they can be replaced by much better ones.
\
Next would be to check heater core.

OP
OP
V

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would the head gasket be leaking inside the front fascia? Not inside the engine ? The leak / puddle is in the very front of the car.

whatthe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a similar problem anti freeze was coming out front facia turned out to be the radiator cap not holding pressure allowing anti freeze to overflow the reservoir don't know if this is the problem but a new cap is cheap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, my mom's 94 had a similar issue. Brought it home one day and was dripping from the front like yours. I took the whole front fascia off and looked at the overflow bottle as I heard how they like to get punctured on the bottom with a screw from the fascia if you hit a bump too hard and scruff the nose. Bottle looked fine, but was pretty full. Siphoned out some and it's been fine every since. The weak radiator cap sounds like a good culprit. Weak enough to bypass easily, but when it cools down it will **** some back from the tank so it doesn't look full when you check it.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear it was the cap and not the head gaskets. Vast cost difference between those two repair jobs.

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
THANKS to both of you Gentlemen, Whatthe & MorparMap-That was the problem, weak cap.
Dave

Hi Dave ! Glad to hear it was just the cap, and I hope that means we will see you on the 20th in Sarasota at the downtown car show. Jim and I are looking forward to it! Hope it isn't cold like it was last year !

OP
OP
V

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miss you today, we had about 6 vipers at Craig's Big Brothers & Sisters today at Lakeland Ranch. Nice day and turn out! I may have gotten 2 more members for us ?
Dave

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Miss you today, we had about 6 vipers at Craig's Big Brothers & Sisters today at Lakeland Ranch. Nice day and turn out! I may have gotten 2 more members for us ?
Dave

2 new members would be wonderful! Will they be at the Sarasota car show coming up? Jim and I will be there is his 02 final edition. Sounds like a great Viper turnout !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets