Thread: Where's my post?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Viper Owner

Default Re: Where's my post?

There is a definitely a need to be a little more pro-active, than re-active with keeping the members informed. It would have been so much easier to have made an announcement similar to the one below:

The bylaws state that "The National board may confer Honorary membership on a person for such period as it chooses." In recognition for the hours of dedication he has provided the club, from the Viper Registry, Viper trivia, website moderation, to the all-around positive reinforcement and support, the board decided to recognize Viper Jeff's contributions by awarding him an honorary membership. The computer dies not allow for an honorary membership designation in the avatar, so Jeff is shown as a "Legacy" member. No one else can renew as a Legacy Member without a prior membership number.

This certainly could have put to rest any concerns regarding Jeff's membership status.

Has Left the Room!

Jeff volunteer his time and effort and I don't have any problem with him as a member. I know you caught a lot of crap, from me as well, but thanks for your efforts Jeff.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by broomrider View Post
    Then you should apply that to yourself. Oh wait you aren't even a member. Have a nice day sir
    Technically he is a "member" of the Forum, just not a "member" of the VCA. OR, the tally at the bottom of the page is wrong where it lists how many "members" are online and how many guests? I think the Blue members are Forum and VCA members?

There are currently 646 users online. (49 members and 597 guests)

Has Left the Room!

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCeeJ View Post
    Yes, the bylaws state that "The National board may confer Honorary membership on a person for such period as it chooses." We do not have a separate heading in the computerized system for Honorary, so it was an Administrative decision to group Jeff under the Legacy heading - after he was unanimously voted in by the Board for the hours of dedication he has provided the club for the Viper Registry, Viper Trivia, Website Moderation, and all-around positive reinforcement and support. Jeff is the only one. No one else can renew as a Legacy Member without a prior membership number. There is no point for this issue to continue. It is by the book.
    Not an issue with me. Jeff does a better job then most. I was curious about the legacy Membership and it was answered. Thanks.

Has Left the Room!

Shooter, Jeff did own a Viper Truck. Its the Same heart that beats in a Viper car. Not that your antagonistic questions deserve an answer. Nevertheless you have your answer. Quit being a douche bag
    Thanks for the personal attack. You are the region President? Nice. And since your new to the whole Viper thing, let me help you out. A Ram SRT 10 is not a Viper. It's a truck.

Viper Owner

VCA Member
    South Florida

Just was wondering if any of you are doing anything with your Vipers currently. If so, how about posting a thread about your activity if you have not already done so. Spring is almost here for our weather bound Viper friends but in the meantime it helps them through Viper activity deficit disorder to read about the activities of those who are fortunate enough to have Viper driving weather all year long.
    '14 Blk Vper TA; old Vper: Q:11.4, st mi:174; '15 Auto Chall Hellcat Q:10.985/126.96; 08 SRT8 Jeep(159.52 st mi)(Q:12.13/111.7);00 Fd Ltning:Q:12.89/105.48 (sold). Best Q (Tp Dragster): 207.43 /6.793

International Viper Registry Curator

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Goldfarb View Post
    Technically he is a "member" of the Forum, just not a "member" of the VCA. OR, the tally at the bottom of the page is wrong where it lists how many "members" are online and how many guests? I think the Blue members are Forum and VCA members?

There are currently 646 users online. (49 members and 597 guests)

Viper Black = Enthusiast & Viper Owner
    GTS Blue = VCA Member (to include Legacy, Venom and Associate)
    Stryker Red = Mods and Admins
    Stryker Green = Officers (Present and Past)
    TA Orange = Vendors

OK, the colors aren't a perfect match the the namesake, but........

Quote Originally Posted by shooter_t1 View Post
    A Ram SRT 10 is not a Viper. It's a truck.
    I agree a thousand percent.

With that said, I have always wanted (yes I chuckle too) some sort of avenue for the Viper Truck community to co exist with the Viper Community. One of the natural progressions is from Viper Truck, is to Viper. Guys (Gals) just want more and the Viper gives that to them.

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Why couldn't we include the Viper trucks here? Like I said, it's the same heart. Just a different outside. It is Viper Club of America?

Why couldn't we include the Viper trucks here? Like I said, it's the same heart. Just a different outside. It is Viper Club of America?
    Broom, {opinion} the best thing to do as your having events in your region, we could invite the Viper Truck community to your events. What you need to consider when doing so, know your audience. If the VCA Members that are part of the event are for it, your golden. If the people you're having a event with have reservations about including the Viper Truck Community, probably not a good idea to invite the Viper Truck folks. I don't really think that it needs to be a membership issue, as the Members will decide locally what is accepted and what is not. I think if Bill White saw good outcomes and people having fun, there might be some good dialog there, however, it will be an interesting discussion. Right now, over on the truck site, people pay $26.00 just to support the site, really no big deal for most. Ask Bill, see what he thinks about a group meet, you just don't know til you ask, but remember to ask your Group, their voice is important too

Vj

VCA Member
    Gulf States

All in the family, but will do

VCA Member
    West

Why you guys bagging on Jeff?
    He is a good guy that works hard to make the club better and better.

Instead of being helpful, I suspect you are up to no good.
    Paul Hawker, San Diego
    Baby you can drive my car,
    beep beep, beep beep YEA!

VCA # 05669

VCA Member
    South

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hawker View Post
    Why you guys bagging on Jeff?
    He is a good guy that works hard to make the club better and better.

Instead of being helpful, I suspect you are up to no good.
    I totally agree!
    Never a negative comment from Jeff. Has gone above and beyond helping members here and the ram srt-10 forums.
    2017 VIPER GT

Viper Owner

A little research couldn't hurt.
    http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/...-Forum-Changes

Quote Originally Posted by GRANGER73 View Post
    Does a 2 year old conversation still hold true today? Or will it swing right or left?

Viper Owner

Only one way to find out......

Viper Owner

philips.jpg........

Looks like Viper Trucks were approved for membership a couple years ago?

Actually, they weren't

VCA Member
    Gulf States

It is my belief that they should be included here. They should be more welcome than trolls.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    Actually, they weren't
    I read the thread Granger referenced and it looked like Greg said they were approved. Was it later rescinded?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Goldfarb View Post
    I read the thread Granger referenced and it looked like Greg said they were approved. Was it later rescinded?
    Never put in place do to push back. I understood completely and at the time was a good call by Greg.

It's still something that has possibility. With that said, I won't push the issue. Y'all need to decide what you're happy with. I think some friendship are in the realm of probability.

Vj

VCA Member
    Gulf States

I think some friendship are in the realm of probability.

Vj
    I agree, Jeff. I am happy with a discussion about this as long as it's a paying member discussion.

I agree, Jeff. I am happy with a discussion about this as long as it's a paying member discussion.
    If a non member Viper guy wants to join in an activity, would you make that guy become a member before the activity?

Has Left the Room!

Lol. Make sure you invite the Drag Pack Challengers then too. Although there's not really enough of them to make a difference in your budget. Anyways, the push back was when ya'll still had 600+ paying Viper owning members. Since the majority of them are now gone , you might be able to sneak the trucks in this time. I bet with the member numbers this club has now, it should be a shoe-in. Of course it won't be the VCA anymore, but hey, you should be able to keep the lights on here.

Viper Owner

How has that worked so far? Absolutely the wrong answer. Can you think of any other ways to discourage membership?

VCA Member
    Gulf States

How has that worked so far? Absolutely the wrong answer. Can you think of any other ways to discourage membership?
    Granger I don't feel that my answer was wrong. I do not feel that a non paying member should be able to weigh in on any decisions of a club they are not a member of.

VCA Member
    Gulf States

If a non member Viper guy wants to join in an activity, would you make that guy become a member before the activity?
    My thoughts on that are as follows, I feel membership is important. I also can understand if someone is wanting to participate in an event to see if a club is a good fit for them however, at some point a decision should be made. Example, some clubs allow paying members to bring along guests as participants in events.
    Only as a guest. If they want to be apart of membership they have to obtain that.

Viper Owner

Granger I don't feel that my answer was wrong. I do not feel that a non paying member should be able to weigh in on any decisions of a club they are not a member of.
    What about Paul Hawker?
    Last edited by GRANGER73; 03-01-2016 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Spell

Quote Originally Posted by shooter_t1 View Post
    Lol. Make sure you invite the Drag Pack Challengers then too. Although there's not really enough of them to make a difference in your budget. Anyways, the push back was when ya'll still had 600+ paying Viper owning members. Since the majority of them are now gone , you might be able to sneak the trucks in this time. I bet with the member numbers this club has now, it should be a shoe-in. Of course it won't be the VCA anymore, but hey, you should be able to keep the lights on here.
    Quiet, you don't have a say

as odd as this may sound..... I agree

The idea of a non paying member having a say was never an issue.

The only thought was to have a few co events, coffee and cruise kind of stuff, get to know each other and hell, they pay their own way

If you want to take it to the next step, sure some kind of associate membership. Access to future GTG's (non track events) and member eligible links on the site. Then maybe if you wanted, a little higher membership that gets them to some of the bigger events. But you know as well as I do, thats all going to need to be figured out. In the mean time, why not get to know these folks.

I can tell you this, if the only reason to invite them is for the member dues, forget it, don't waste your time or resources on a foolish venture.

Even I don't think there should be a time when the Viper Truck community can be a Venom Member, ownership does have it's privileges. So as I burn my own bridge and toss these thoughts out, remember, you will be asking these folks to join and support the Viper Club. A "Car" Club. Knowing that maybe at some point in the future .... a full member because they decide the time to get a Viper is now. There are some really good prices out there. Because they know you and enjoy what your doing, enjoy your friendship and maybe , they won't be hijacked by that other club........

Some level of membership really is a decision that requires a lot of work and planning.

Getting together and getting to know people costs nothing.

Personally the hardest part will be people like shooter that will do anything, say anything to prevent any type of event that builds friendships. You will find that even in your own regions there will be push back and quite frankly I would expect that. Thats why I said, know your audience. If your group is not ready for a co event, don't plan one, in fact, not even worth thinking about.

One of the things I've always found fascinating is the MOPAR Nation can Meet and Greet just about anywhere and I see it all the time. Small clubs, large clubs, they just get together and have a good time. A lot of Viper folks have other collectible MOPARS in their stable, some even have Viper Trucks. So as these MOPAR Meets happen no one is looking down their nose at the guy that rolls in with a 74 Dart project car, hell, it's a MOPAR baby. So why the divide here meeting with another MOPAR product and building. Back in 2010 when I joined I would have paid a supporting member fee to the site never expecting to be an equal to Viper Memberships, it wasn't available, no big deal. Still enjoyed learning. Still enjoy learning even today.

The best part about this..... Even with a vote, I wouldn't vote. This is something y'all need to work out.

Life and fun is what you make it...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast