Hello all! lookin to purchasin my first viper ever!

Tyrenith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, ive loved Vipers since i was a kid and its been my favorite car of all time and finally ive come to my senses to decide on wanting to get my first Viper. Im currently looking at a Gen2 GTS because i love the way they look, probably one of the better lookin generations imho. I did not want to go too old or even try for too new due to the fact i really cant afford them just yet. Definitely want a coupe and ive been seeing alot of them go for about $35,000-$50,000 as of late. Im just lookin for all the advice and suggestions i can get from more experienced people who share my love and passion for Dodge Vipers. Mind you i am a "newer" driver or novice when it comes to a manual transmission and this type of car with so much raw power. My dd is an acura rsx type s 6spd which i drive everyday and obviously its nothing to compare to a viper but im just trying to relay as much information as i can so you guys can hopefully give me your best advice and any suggestions possible that can help me in my future endeavors for the viper perfect for me.

Regards, Carmelo .

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Tyrenith, congrats on making the decision to get yourself a Viper. As a brand new viper owner, I don't have a whole lot of advice to offer. Thanks to this club and forum my process couldn't have gone any smoother. I was pretty set on a B/W so I was lucky to have found one so quickly. If you're open to other color combos there are a few good deals out there. Bill Pemberton has a nice yellow one that he sent me pictures of. He was very helpful in giving me pointers on what to look out for in these Gen IIs. Good luck with the search, feel free to PMme if you have any questions.

Javi

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at everything except a post by a member. The title reads "things I hate"....I hope it got deleted.
your best bet is to talk to people who already own vipers. go hang out with them and possibly get a ride in one. there are tons of information about these cars. Very rewarding feeling to own one.

OP
OP
T

Tyrenith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you guys, hopefully i can get one quite soon! i am pretty open to colors or combinations, ive been smitten by the genII vipers so i think im gonna stick with that for now but color isnt too much of an issue for me as of right now! Im just hoping i can get the best possible deal and a Viper in the best care of the previous owner! Also i myself am in the North east! New York to be exact

OP
OP
T

Tyrenith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are going to drive it or adore and wipe of dust?

Nah i plan on driving her, not a collection car for me.....want to enjoy it. Fell in love with the second generation, gonna be pleasure but also "showy" if that makes sense? my bro is in florida and his grandmother owns a transportation company so hopefully i can find one down in florida, all the decent ones i found on websites such as cars.com and autotrader.com are all sold just old listings. Not too picky on the color i really just want to get one that has been taken care of !

OP
OP
T

Tyrenith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to give you guys an update! Thanks to God and Bill Pemberton i am a new Viper owner!!!!!!! A yellow second gen Viper at that! I'm so grateful and appreciate the professionalism that Bill showed me in order to make this all possible! I'm hoping to receive it by Wednesday this coming week and im so excited. Cant wait to see her in person :)

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Outstanding.

Congrats on your new Viper
Bill is the Best!
Vj

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so cool, wait till you see it in person, you will be blown away. I remember when Woodhouse delivered my Viper, when they backed it out of the truck it was AWESOME. have fun.:2tu:

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Tyrenith, that's exciting! It sounds like that's the Viper Bill had sent me pictures of. If its the one with the black wheels, that's a great looking car and it seemed to be priced right. The waiting is going to ****, but hang in there.

OP
OP
T

Tyrenith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for the support! really appreciate it all and yeah im getting anxious haha. The driver thinks he'll make it in my town around 6ish today actually so even better! im just hoping i fit in it ! hahah! i read online about alot of taller guys fitting in it but im about 6'1 280ish so idk lol what do you guys think?

WestminsterSlim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats Tyrenith. I bought my Viper from Bill about 2 months ago. Like you I bought it completely sight unseen. It was nerve wracking spending so much on a car I had never seen, but Bill really put my mind at ease with his inside out knowledge of these cars.

This was my first one as well, and I can guarantee you, nothing will prepare you for when they open the trailer and you see it for the first time. It is a life changing experience. Picture below of mine coming off the trailer. Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club. :2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy your new Viper. It can be a life altering experience.

Rule #1 for new Viper owners. Be sure your steering wheel is straight, the road ahead is clear, and you are totally focused before you put the throttle fully down for the first times. The torque takes a bit to get used to.

Once you get used to the power, and your brain comes up to speed, you will soon feel more comfortable with the capabilities of both you and your car.

Enjoy the ride.

OP
OP
T

Tyrenith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay I know ive been slacking on updating you guys haha but here are some pictures finally!!!

The night she arrived :)

first meet with her :)

JANEY

VCA Member-Director MW Zone & Great Lakes Region
Venom Member
Reaction score