IVR Update

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Been reviewing the IVR and looking at ways to bring it current. Changes should start happening in the next few weeks. :D
(have some testing to do first)

If you have thoughts, please let me know and I'll see if its something I have the ability to do

Vj

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see some new life being breathed into the IVR. It's been my go-to source for build info for years. Thanks for your hard work!

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Thank You

There's a lot of work to be done, so bear with me
Vj

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Any chance you could give us a little change log of what's going on? Would be nice to know what's new so someone doesn't necessarily have to dig through the whole site to figure out what has changed (unless that's your plan, lol).

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Just noticed that the majority of the spec data is missing. Has it always been that way????? ?? ?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've been to the site a few times in the past and it seemed like something was off. I didn't know if it was dead links or just a work in progress kind of thing at the time, but it was a while ago.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a place for 2007 Specs. Be sure you get that filled in! :lmao:

I don't think that section has ever had much info. I never spent much time there because I typically use the IVR to look at build numbers.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
There's a place for 2007 Specs. Be sure you get that filled in! :lmao:

I don't think that section has ever had much info. I never spent much time there because I typically use the IVR to look at build numbers.

Wait..... What.....?

"I never spent much time there because I typically use the IVR to look at build numbers"... how is that even possible? :omg::D

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Well, just about done with the search for the 2016MY Vipers.

As most know, the IVR needs another update and it is something on my to-do list before the end of the year, hopefully no later than September.

With that, I have two choices, update it based on the current format or add to the current format with other items that may be of interest

Thoughts?

If there are no suggestions, I will update as is.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
What other items did you have in mind?

I have a great deal of data. So I was wondering if there were other items you wish you had access to on the I V R other than the items currently being used. I have no preference because I can see it al now

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. The format will stay the same, new request policies are in effect. Membership has its advantages ;)

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
There has been an update to the IVR. Still a lot of work to be done, however it's closer to being current than it has been for some time

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Wow, y'all really don't care.

Guess I'm done
Make it a better day
Much respect
Vj

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, y'all really don't care.

Guess I'm done
Make it a better day
Much respect
Vj

I care, Jeff! I really appreciate all you do to keep track the build numbers. I've always hated that the IVR wasn't kept up-to-date over the years and I wished I could do something to help. I'm glad you were able to find a source of the info and keep track of all the important stuff.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff a lot of people care, in are crazy busy life, some times 2 weeks will go by since I have looked at the club news, I am sure thats with a lot of others. Please keep up the good work, and thank you.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Jeff a lot of people care, in are crazy busy life, some times 2 weeks will go by since I have looked at the club news, I am sure thats with a lot of others.

Yep, that's what I told myself for 4 years.

The work will end sometime next year about this time. Results will. E posted appropriately

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is truly unfortunate that the Viper community has not embraced this effort. It's even more unfortunate that the leaders of this site won't put aside their efforts to be a clone of the VOA, and make a serious effort to explore the opportunities available to an organization devoted more to the legacy and documentation of these cars. Certainly an opportunity missed.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
It was dismissed by the very people who love these cars and it's just not the list I put together.

You see people talk about the flaws in the Viper, the flaws in the buyers are far more telling

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
Jeff, I hope I don't step on any toes but I felt I had to respond. I also hope you know how honored the VCA is in having you on this site.

Granger. I don't understand your statement? Who is the Clone, the VCA has been here for twenty years and now will continue for twenty more. If your referring to the other club they have just started. Yes they may have people that have been with Vipers for twenty years or longer , but when they broke their agreement with the VCA they just became a new club. This continues to be a problem for us, For example we have had several insurance questions come in from local clubs and members that went to the VOA. It took a minute or two for them to understand VCA insurance did not cover them any more. They thought they were still VCA. This continues to be questioned by many people. If you signed up only VOA you are no longer VCA and you have now coverage or rights under the VCA banner. If you want what the VCA you need to sign up with us (VCA). As to who is the clone, just look at the web sites.

Again Jeff thanks for everything and sorry abuot high jacking your thread.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Jeff, I hope I don't step on any toes but I felt I had to respond. I also hope you know how honored the VCA is in having you on this site.

Granger. I don't understand your statement? Who is the Clone, the VCA has been here for twenty years and now will continue for twenty more. If your referring to the other club they have just started. Yes they may have people that have been with Vipers for twenty years or longer , but when they broke their agreement with the VCA they just became a new club. This continues to be a problem for us, For example we have had several insurance questions come in from local clubs and members that went to the VOA. It took a minute or two for them to understand VCA insurance did not cover them any more. They thought they were still VCA. This continues to be questioned by many people. If you signed up only VOA you are no longer VCA and you have now coverage or rights under the VCA banner. If you want what the VCA you need to sign up with us (VCA). As to who is the clone, just look at the web sites.

Again Jeff thanks for everything and sorry abuot high jacking your thread.

Bill

I had typed something similar and ended up deleting it.

That other site is what it is and 30 years down the road people will see it for what it is. Different people will see that differently, however, there is an element in control there that will lead to its eventual demise. I think we all know it's about control and not about people.

Vj

newredrt10

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree

That is why I said some thing. It's time everyone see we are unique. Thanks again

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score

.???????????

newredrt10

Administrator
Reaction score
Granger. Who is the clone is the answer. People are coming out of the wild thinking they are VCA. Interesting???????????