Force 1 motor in 2017 Viper?

wum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All, this is my first thread, but I've been learning from this forum for a few months now. I'm trying to decide if I should get a 2016 or 2017 ACR. I am wondering if there's any chance that the 2017 will have an option to get the same 745hp engine as the Force 1 from the factory.

I know changing things on a car can require the manufacturer to get approvals from the regulators, etc. or make expensive modifications to the chassis, so some changes just won't happen, due to cost and timing. But in this case, it seems like the R&D is done, approvals can be obtained, no chassis/transmission modifications are needed, so in my mind, it's within the realm of possibility. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Hi All, this is my first thread, but I've been learning from this forum for a few months now. I'm trying to decide if I should get a 2016 or 2017 ACR. I am wondering if there's any chance that the 2017 will have an option to get the same 745hp engine as the Force 1 from the factory.

I know changing things on a car can require the manufacturer to get approvals from the regulators, etc. or make expensive modifications to the chassis, so some changes just won't happen, due to cost and timing. But in this case, it seems like the R&D is done, approvals can be obtained, no chassis/transmission modifications are needed, so in my mind, it's within the realm of possibility. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Why don't you email bernie@viperexchange and ask him your questions since they are the originator and only dealer of the car.

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the motor in the Force 1 just basically the standard viper v10 w/ stage II arrow heads & cam? I could be wrong, but just assumed they just added that package to the standard viper motor.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
There is a limited chance that something might not clear due to the bodywork being different, but the only thing that comes to mind would be an intake, and if they kept the X brace in the engine bay then I would agree it's probably a heads and cam package that is already out there. I doubt you'd ever see it as a factory option as I have very little feeling they would go out of their way to certify it and hold the liability, but the aftermarket is finally picking up some for the Viper.

OP
OP
W

wum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice as a factory option for those of us in CA because then it would pass CARB, have cats, etc. Unfortunately, the Stage II arrow heads/cam set up is not CA legal.