Anyone put a tire trailer hitch on their Gen V Viper?

Dr.Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one on my Z06 that I'm looking to trade in on a Viper TA or GTS. You barely see it and you don't even know the trailer is there.
Does it look weird? Sure, but who cares? At least I'm not destroying $1900 tires in 2 track days. I have the small Harbor Freight trailer.

I Wondered if I got a Viper if this was possible to replicate. Anyone?

Thanks!

Ron

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't remember reading of a Gen V with a hitch yet; but, I have seen a guy in Southern California that pulls his tire trailer with his Gen 3 or Gen 4. I don't know how much the frame design differs in the Gen V. I'm sure that it looks a little weird to a non-track guy; but, I think that it is a great idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dr.Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if it's even possible. I assume it would have to be a custom piece...but is it possible with the way the car is.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Seen it on a gen 4 on a track weekend myself. Pretty straightforward looking as it just had some tabs on the rear frame rail that lined up with the hole in the diffuser. Haven't looked at a gen 5 really hard to see what the back looks like. You could take the hitch off on this gen 4 and never know it had one.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do that and you will end up on the front pictorial of Google "redneck cars". :D

Only if you are caught towing a bass boat ! Pulling a racing tires trailer gets you a free pass, and you get your man card stamped !

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear lord, I hope no one would ever do that to a snake. They only thing worse is a hitch on bike.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read of several VCA members that have put trailer hitches on their cars in order to bring race tires to the track over the years. Of course, it is mainly the ******** viper enthusiasts wanting to get the most performance that they can get out of their car without investing in a trailer, a space to store it, and a tow vehicle.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read of several VCA members that have put trailer hitches on their cars in order to bring race tires to the track over the years. Of course, it is mainly the ******** viper enthusiasts wanting to get the most performance that they can get out of their car without investing in a trailer, a space to store it, and a tow vehicle.
There just has to be a better way. Than that. I guess to each his own. I would just never do that, I'm not saying I wouldn't discuss said hitch among friends. :D
Friends don't let friends put tow hitches on Vipers :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dr.Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well on Google I've seen Lambo's pulling trailers.. if you don't track or have a car trailer, maybe that would be your reaction...

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well on Google I've seen Lambo's pulling trailers.. if you don't track or have a car trailer, maybe that would be your reaction...
Awww come on Dr Ron don't go getting your undies in a bunch :lmao: just a different perspective on things.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This Viper belongs to Roy Sjoberg, a.k.a., "Father Viper." (Executive Engineer-Viper Project. He created and managed the Project Team for the development and production of the Dodge Viper. )

IMG_1264.JPG

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Prepping a Gen V for One Lap right now...will have a trailer like Roys...
Here is one of the trailers on a different One Lap car
...this stuff has been happening for years...you kids crack me up lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just would like to update this...when I posted this, I suppose that I did not make it clear that I do not intend to produce a trailer hitch for the G5.
This...and that last few we did are custom made pieces for specific Viper owners at their request. The cars were in our facility and I considered them to be one off custom projects. I was just trying to showcase some "out of the box thinking"...sorry for any confusion. Thanks, Steve