Hi New guy...

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
No, but ive been Admin and members of many forums. But my point wasnt to prove you wrong, just be clear what you were saying vs. what i understood. :D

I can only provide you with answers to your questions (that I may know), I can't force you to accept it

Have a Great Day
Vj

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No trouble at all man, youre very cool :)

Oh and i appreciate the welcome you guys and gals have given me despite not having one yet :)

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
No trouble at all man, youre very cool :)

Oh and i appreciate the welcome you guys and gals have given me despite not having one yet :)

I don't have a Viper either, just a lot of love for the Viper and a Registry with over 31,000 Vipers in it. The Viper is a big part of my day to day as I document them all

;)

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Membership has its privileges. Depending on the level of membership you desire determines your privileges here. You would get a great deal more access here on the forum.
Viper CJ can help you with getting that going. :D

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, im pretty sure i want an 02 in SPC, but now im seeing posts about leaking gaskets and hard to find parts for Gen 1 and 2 (2002 is Gen 2 right?) and now im starting to get worried! I really like the 02 GTS style, but im starting to doubt my decision and im leery about dropping that much on a 14 year old car :(

Help?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Anything that is +10 and low production will have issues with parts, that's why Don Scharf and JonB can be important contacts

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. Im already set to check with the guy from Indianapolis when im to the point im gonna buy so they can check it out if possible.

SAABseanSCANIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need a garage before a Viper. You're a little ahead of yourself son

Nah, itll be a daily driver, and im not your son.

What part of the country are you located in? Somewhere south? Free2go gave some pretty good advice.... Definitely something to consider.

Nothing likes to sit out in the sun, or rain, or snow (maybe?). I guess I'm lucky that my cars go from my own garages to the parking garage at work, so they don't bake, but if I didn't have a garage to put it in I'd certainly look into storage or other means before getting the car. You can tell a 14 year old car that has baked. At the very least I would invest in one of those ShelterLogic getups. One of those has to be cheaper than replacing the UV baked headlights.

I would have also figured a Mazda would get the DD status out of the Viper/Mazda6 pair.

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What part of the country are you located in? Somewhere south? Free2go gave some pretty good advice.... Definitely something to consider.

Nothing likes to sit out in the sun, or rain, or snow (maybe?). I guess I'm lucky that my cars go from my own garages to the parking garage at work, so they don't bake, but if I didn't have a garage to put it in I'd certainly look into storage or other means before getting the car. You can tell a 14 year old car that has baked. At the very least I would invest in one of those ShelterLogic getups. One of those has to be cheaper than replacing the UV baked headlights.

I would have also figured a Mazda would get the DD status out of the Viper/Mazda6 pair.

When its not raining, this is DD, the Mazda would be for snow. I normally drive less than 7k a year as it is.

You must be registered for see images

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Careful on that motorcycle man. With all the texting and driving and drunk a$$ illegals its never been more dangerous to ride. I took off on my motorcycle at 24 years old and didn't come home for 18 months. Rode all over the country including Canada. Went up the Alaskan Highway and back twice. I'll never own a motorcycle ever again.

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Something I forgot to say before, I said years ago that if I ever owned a Viper and happened to deliver pizza for a living, I would still drive the Viper. To me spending that much money on something and NOT driving the ever living piss out of it is just... Unthinkable imo :)

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
When you offer an opinion and it doesn't match others opinions and you get an opinion back, be an adult and have a conversation and not get your feelers hurt. Hell we accept all sorts and I've gotten my fair share of scolding for not being ..... Adult

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt want to sully the Gen V guys/gals with why i have my tastes (even those have changed since joining) as that would seem genuinely insulting in my book. I just thought i would add my .02 as if we were standing around hanging out and talking. I personally could never own a white car as i liken them to home appliances (dont get me started on mini-vans) but that one was awesome save for the grill, it just looks too wimpy for the Viper unlike the ones of old. Maybe it would be different if it were body colored still.

The biggest issue i have is that i did NOT say that with any malice, insult or other wise ill thought, and was called a liar when i asked what was wrong with it. I am NOT a liar and loathe that insinuation. Thats the easiest way to lose me a s a friend, ill tolerate just about anything else short of attempted ******, just dont call me a liar (unless i actually did lie). Nothing i say online will i ever be afraid to say to someones face, therefore, i will never say anything online i wouldnt say in person.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I need to go back and look, don't remember seeing the word "liar"

Troll, yes
Disrespectful, yes
Idiot, yes

I've been called all three on these vary boards

I will use a smilie next time to help identify my intent :D

I knew you were a Troll :D:omg: :D

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, the word wasnt used, it was the insinuation after i said i wasnt being disrespectful.

So, would i own a Gen V if i could afford one? Probably, despite the thin lipped grille. I think the Silver Pearl would look great over top snake skin stripes... T/A, with a big wing please. But ill be happy to drool over the 96-02 GTS's for over all looks and modability.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this isnt the all accepting site i thought it was.

When I was but a child, my mother would occasionally thrash me with a broom. As an adult, I have great respect for brooms. Don't mess around with Da Broom.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
No, the word wasnt used, it was the insinuation after i said i wasnt being disrespectful.

So, would i own a Gen V if i could afford one? Probably, despite the thin lipped grille. I think the Silver Pearl would look great over top snake skin stripes... T/A, with a big wing please. But ill be happy to drool over the 96-02 GTS's for over all looks and modability.

Oh, that "Really" word.......

Let me see, let's change that to "WOW, I don't understand why, seems fairly obvious that she saw your Dart coment disrespectful to the Viper"

Ummm ...... Really?:dunno:

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if its widely known, that car makers will adopt a central theme and throw it across all the models in some form or fashion, grilles, head/taillights etc. So when i saw the Dart grille on the Viper, i just figured Dodge was doing the same thing here. If the Viper grille came first, i was wrong and apologize.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Not sure if its widely known, that car makers will adopt a central theme and throw it across all the models in some form or fashion, grilles, head/taillights etc. So when i saw the Dart grille on the Viper, i just figured Dodge was doing the same thing here. If the Viper grille came first, i was wrong and apologize.

If you get a chance, look at the instrument cluster in the Dart, then the Viper

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this isnt the all accepting site i thought it was.
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Its sad that you have such sensitive feelings. Mind your words when you speak, I'm talking about your dart comment. Viper is a special car, your comments were unnecessary.
You don't participate in the greatest car club in America and insult members without getting your *** handed to you. Get over it or get going.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Its sad that you have such sensitive feelings. Mind your words when you speak, I'm talking about your dart comment. Viper is a special car, your comments were unnecessary.
You don't participate in the greatest car club in America and insult members without getting your *** handed to you. Get over it or get going.

Whats sad is that you felt you needed to "hand me my ass" over a CAR and a difference of opinion. But thats ok, youre on my ignore list, so you wont have to be bothered with my petty difference of opinion.

Last edited:

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats sad is that you felt you needed to "hand me my ass" over a CAR and a difference of opinion. But thats ok, youre on my ignore list, so you wont have to be bothered with my petty difference of opinion.

I think I've stated on multiple occasions that I want to see you get that Viper. You'll make a good addition to the club. Hang in there :usa:

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never used the ignore feature. But if I ever did, I'd use it on Bonkers :D

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I used to use ignore, then I got curious because I could see the quotes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members