Moderators Promise

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Over the past few months an informal inquiry has been made. This also includes some unsolicited opinions and recommendations.

It has been brought up that "some" would post more if threads and topics weren't so confrontational.

Also, "some" would post more if topics weren't dragged to off topic conversation

I understand we as humans, both of these happen let's say naturally and intentionally. I don't think I need to explain the difference.

The promise, I probably won't do anything about the natural progression that happens, however, the intentional diversion of a subject for what ever reason will be looked at more closely and cleaned up as needed. I'd like to see people contribute without there topic being diverted or feeling their going to get flamed for asking a question they don't have an answer to.

So for those that passed on there concerns, pass onto those friends, let's talk (type)

I can only speak for myself on this promise, so if I miss something, let me know

Jeff

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I hope the Dallas Stars can pick up Ben Bishop.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Thank Free, I knew I could depend on you for an example. Can you tell me what kind of example you used

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last post on this entire site was 16 hours ago. The $hit needs to be stirred. Without someone or something to hate, or a strong central protagonist this site will surely die.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
The last post on this entire site was 16 hours ago. The $hit needs to be stirred. Without someone or something to hate, or a strong central protagonist this site will surely die.

Pick a good subject and put it in the pit.

I agree, there has to be conversation. Actually I have been saying that for some time now.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think the downside of social media is that people are becoming
more and more offended that someone doesnt agree with their
opinion than the opinion itself. Ive been noticing plummiting
board conversations not only here, but on all the boards I
frequent. Unfortunatly the only way to resolve the problem is
to make sure every single post is 100% PC - but to do that
makesthe boards too boring to read. Damned if you do...

I think we need to accept that the days of 3,000 people
visiting are over now and trim up the boards to streamline
the few conversations that are still going on...

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I think the downside of social media is that people are becoming
more and more offended that someone doesnt agree with their
opinion than the opinion itself. Ive been noticing plummiting
board conversations not only here, but on all the boards I
frequent. Unfortunatly the only way to resolve the problem is
to make sure every single post is 100% PC - but to do that
makesthe boards too boring to read. Damned if you do...

I think we need to accept that the days of 3,000 people
visiting are over now and trim up the boards to streamline
the few conversations that are still going on...

Oh I just can't do PC, why? Because just in America there are 300 Million versions of PC

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK so here are my two cents for what it's worth. I hate political correctness. It is a prison all unto itself. A wise gentleman once told me " be careful what you post, because in doing
so you make everyone your judge and jury". :) The past few months I've seen many people grumble and complain about what they would or wouldn't post. Conditions being if no one
Challenged their beliefs or opinions strongly. Poor Jeff has had to listen to the unceasing rants and whining. Guys, this place is a forum. We should be able to share our thoughts openly
Without the pacifier of being politically correct. I guess what I am trying to get across is there Will always be a difference of opinion somewhere in life. Jeff is correct in saying the content of
This place is up to us. If you post something always be prepared that there will be someone with a remark. Ignore, engage it's up to you. Long and the short of it, this place is about Viper, put
Your big boy pants on. For the love of God with all the crap going on in the world enjoy this place don't muddy it up with bull.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of Viper owners are snobs. Especially over at the other site

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
To be banned for life (with no warning) for a mild inferance on your third post is hardly appropriate. I did set a record though.

Free, you know as well as I do that you got banned based on your history (with the ruling clique). Nothing more, nothing less.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. With his marshmallow soft, atrophied little finger, Jizzbeard clicked a button.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free, you know as well as I do that you got banned based on your history (with the ruling clique). Nothing more, nothing less.

is that like me getting on probation here for you thinking you saw me post something on the alley ?

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
is that like me getting on probation here for you thinking you saw me post something on the alley ?

The difference is I apologized and removed the moderation and accepted that it was 100% my error

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil, your ability to post here proves this club is more tolerant and accepting than all other Viper forums. I don't believe I've seen any other moderator wish more ill on this club than you. Your very presence mocks this club.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJeff:3283866 said:
To be banned for life (with no warning) for a mild inferance on your third post is hardly appropriate. I did set a record though.

Wow, I got all excited. I thought Free2go was banned here. Still can't believe how much you are tolerated here.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil, your ability to post here proves this club is more tolerant and accepting than all other Viper forums. I don't believe I've seen any other moderator wish more ill on this club than you. Your very presence mocks this club.

i cant recall any posts ive made here that show that... i dont recall many at the alley either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32