Thread: Lawsuit

Reply to Thread
    Viper Owner

Default Lawsuit

Ive been reading some other boards and it appears that this Club has been sued and found guilty, with a judgement against them at almost $200,000. Is this true?

VCA Member
    South

Default Re: Lawsuit

I think it's around $172k or so. It's concerning hotel booking for the last VOI. Just a little package of $hit left from the last group of club leaders. Why they bailed without attempting to clean the mess first is a testament to their lack of fiduciary responsibility. I'm pretty sure whoever the jack ass was that secretly sold all of VPA's $hit to Jon B (not that I don't like Jon B) probably had a little something to do with the hotel sabotage. THAT individual is the ultimate snob a$$hole and I'm pretty sure who it was. Regardless, when the ship started taking on water their asses disappeared.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    South

DZnutz, at first glance you appeared to have started a troll thread. But, I vetted your posts on the other sites and noticed you're not a paid member anywhere. You do have 197 posts there compared to 6 here.....interesting.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

But, his join date was over a year ago. Not that i know or care either way

VCA Member
    South

Quote Originally Posted by TalonTSi90 View Post
    Not that i know or care either way

You need to know. And you need to care. Just because you got swatted on the head with a broom doesn't mean you are now ambivalent.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

I mean about him.

International Viper Registry Curator

lets not get off topic on a witch hunt (troll hunt)
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Viper Owner

no troll here, I ordered my 2015 SRT Viper in April 2015 and did the plant tour on May 1/15. Met quite a few very friendly members there. The consensus then was that this was the club to be apart of. Unfortunately I had quite a bit of trouble signing up here back then and honestly started participating a little more so on another board.

In any event, I thought I would ask directly about this lawsuit rather than guess. I assume it has been settled now?

VCA Member
    Northeast
    NE Zone Director

Did you come down in an A8 to plant tour?

Viper Owner

sure did, myself and my brother.

VCA Member
    Northeast
    NE Zone Director

I was there in the Q7...I remember you guys.

Viper Owner

I am not going to cite names but a number of leadership on the page detailing the National Officers were also officers when the VOI that resulted in the lawsuit was planned/confirmed.

http://www.viperclub.org/members/regions.php

Maybe that page is not correct and needs to be updated to remove those names and be updated with the current officers?

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    I think it's around $172k or so. It's concerning hotel booking for the last VOI. Just a little package of $hit left from the last group of club leaders. Why they bailed without attempting to clean the mess first is a testament to their lack of fiduciary responsibility. I'm pretty sure whoever the jack ass was that secretly sold all of VPA's $hit to Jon B (not that I don't like Jon B) probably had a little something to do with the hotel sabotage. THAT individual is the ultimate snob a$$hole and I'm pretty sure who it was. Regardless, when the ship started taking on water their asses disappeared.

VCA Member
    South

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post
    I am not going to cite names but a number of leadership on the page detailing the National Officers were also officers when the VOI that resulted in the lawsuit was planned/confirmed.
    Dirk you bring up a good point.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJohn View Post
    I was there in the Q7...I remember you guys.
    Hey John, I remember you as well. If I recall correctly you spent quite a bit of time chattin with my brother. Sadly he passed away late last year in a automobile accident. I am however glad that we had a chance to take that road trip and meet some of the Viper community.

Quote Originally Posted by DZnutz View Post
    Hey John, I remember you as well. If I recall correctly you spent quite a bit of time chattin with my brother. Sadly he passed away late last year in a automobile accident. I am however glad that we had a chance to take that road trip and meet some of the Viper community.
    Sorry for you loss
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post

http://www.viperclub.org/members/regions.php

Maybe that page is not correct and needs to be updated to remove those names and be updated with the current officers?
    That page does need an update, I know the VP is inaccurate
    ― Winston Churchill

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by DZnutz View Post
    Ive been reading some other boards and it appears that this Club has been sued and found guilty, with a judgement against them at almost $200,000. Is this true?
    This question has been answered very recently in a previous thread. Any questions and or concerns can be directed to the pres. Mr Bill .

Supporting Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    Lest someone accept that highlighted allegation as gospel, here are some facts:

The VCA BOD members offered the VPA parts to 3 or 4 entities, including PartsRack. Do not mistake a sealed-secret bid process from some kind of nefarious act. When Chrysler has liquidated parts to us multiple times in the past, the bids are also sealed-secret. And sometimes a Non-Discluure was involved as was this "secret' deal. Money talks, and PartsRack was the highest bidder. Simple as that. We paid in full as agreed.

It was almost the same process as when we bought the leftovers from ASC after that bankruptcy, and a Federal Court oversaw that deal.

We were told that our initial payment would go 'straight to the VCA treasury' to repay the $50k 'seed money' originally loaned by the prior BOD members (several of home are now at Other site). Fiduciary Irresponsibility at the club began in 2007-8. Several BOD Heads were firmly planted in the sand, while wearing comfortable blinders. Truthful detractors were ignored and summarily punished. There was a LOT of fiduciary neglect to go around. And the wheels of the IRS turn slowly.
    Last edited by ViperJeff; 08-22-2016 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Other site request
    JonB~ Int'l Viper Registry NW Region Charter Pres 93-95;VCA "Founding Fourteen" 1995;VCA Nat'l Secty-Treasurer 95-97;VCA Nat'l Secretary 98-99;VCA NW President 95-02;VCA National / Regional Sponsor 96-13;SRT Viper Cup Sponsor, 2010-13

VCA Member
    South

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    We were told that our initial payment would go 'straight to the VCA treasury' to repay the $50k 'seed money' originally loaned by the prior BOD members (several of home are now at VOA). Fiduciary Irresponsibility at the club began in 2007-8. Several BOD Heads were firmly planted in the sand, while wearing comfortable blinders. Truthful detractors were ignored and summarily punished. There was a LOT of fiduciary neglect to go around. And the wheels of the IRS turn slowly.
    Thank you for the clarification John. Would it be fair to say that fiduciary improprieties coincide with the end of Viper productions, or say the end of the year Christmas parties? The next few years should be interesting. Damnit John you know where all the bodies are hidden
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Let's not get off in the weeds, let's stay on topic
    ― Winston Churchill

VCA Member
    Gulf States