IN/KY...SPECIAL VIPER SERVICE SESSION #9 with Tom Sessions Oct. 10-14, 2016

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
IN/KY..SPECIAL VIPER SERVICE SESSION #9 with Tom Sessions...October 10-14, 2016 at Indy's Champion C-J-D-R

Hello, All:

The long awaited SPECIAL VIPER SERVICE SESSION #9 with Super Viper Tech Tom Sessions at Indy's Champion Dodge will take place on October 10-14, 2016.

Historically, there has been considerable interest shown in this opportunity by our members. Newer members usually have a few questions that I'll try to answer below (this is "old hat" to many of you)...along with some important recent changes:

#1 Tom will be here working as an official employee of Champion C-J-D-R. Therefore, ALL billing will go through the dealership's Service Department. Tom is NOT being hired by our club.

#2 If parts need to be ordered, they can be ordered through the Champion's Parts Department...OR, YOU may try procure them on your own. PLEASE do this WELL IN ADVANCE if at all possible. This is especially true for those wanting new tires mounted as you will need to schedule a separate appointment with our recommended (nearby) installer...Aaron O'Cull at Northwest Frame and Alignment 317-873-3773.

As we are trying to accommodate as many owners as possible during this week long event, considerable pre-planning and REALISTIC scheduling are absolute necessities...especially if parts need to come from outside vendors!!! The old "my Viper needs service" declaration will need an expanded explanation PRIOR to scheduling service!! This is especially important for this Service Session to avoid turning away anyone. PLEASE contact Steve Fess with your service needs, repairs, upgrade/modification plans, and/or recalls as a "pre-screening" consult so that we can help guide both the scheduling process and parts acquisition process in an efficient manner.

#4 ALL Viper service appointments MUST be made directly with Ms. Keisha Tranbarger, Viper Service Advisor at Champion. To do this, call 317-872-6200 Extension 2035...and ask for "Keisha Tranbarger in Service". You can also call/text Keisha directly at 317-989-4691. Please follow up your call with a brief email to Keisha describing your Viper's service/repair/warranty/recall needs. Keiska's address is [email protected]
I will also send ALL service communications that I receive from you to Tom Sessions for review as HE is the EXPERT doing the work.

#5 THIS IS NOT A CLUB "TECH SESSION" !!

#6 Champion's address is:
4505 West 96th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46268

REMEMBER the dates: Monday (8:00 AM EDT), October 10 through Friday October 14, 2016 (6:00 PM EDT). If need be, you can drop off your Viper the weekend preceding our posted working dates.

#8 If your Viper needs a Recall or warranty work, you WILL NEED TO have your VIN
handy when you call to schedule your appointment. If you need a "pre-session consultation", call me and I can try to arrange same with Mr. Sessions per telephone.

#9 NOTE: due to the volume of work anticipated, let alone any mechanical or logistical "surprises", it is rather impractical (but not impossible) to wait on one's Viper to be serviced. Plan ahead !!

#10 REMEMBER that some Viper fluids are time dependent...and, can lead to corrosive problems and component failure. Because of this fact, I always change brake fluid, clutch fluid, and coolant on a more frequent schedule as cheap insurance. This also nets me a very important safety bonus by having one of the best, most experienced Viper Techs in the world look over our Vipers in case there is an impending problem that may not be obvious to others.

#11 FINAL NOTE: The Viper Tech hourly rate at Champion is currently $135.00 per hour for

mechanical repairs...which is much lower that some nearby locations.
NOTE: The "service labor rate" for fluids will be charged at a discounted hourly rate.
ALSO: As an Active 2016 VCA Member, please remember to ask for any discounts that may apply to your parts and fluids.

If you have general questions, please contact ME ASAP !! [email protected]

Looking forward to a great Service Session #9,

Steve Fess, IN/KY Region 317-402-9013

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
This Session is only 11 days away !! Have YOU scheduled YOUR Viper Service needs ??

It's not too late to do so as there are a few slots left.

CALL NOW !!!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
IN/KY VIPERS...UPDATE on SPECIAL VIPER SERVICE SESSION #9 with Tom Sessions Oct. 10-14, 2016 at Indy's Champion Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Ram

Hello, All:

As the planned start of Service Session #9 is only 4 days away, I am sure that some of you are wondering about Tom Sessions' travel plans since he lives in Wilmington,NC...a city included in the path of Hurricane Matthew. We have been watching various weather prediction models CLOSELY. As of the time of this communication, it appears that the Matthew's path will take it further out into the Atlantic Ocean which should lessen the effects on the North Carolina shore's communities. If this remains true, Tom plans to travel to Indy on Sunday, 10/9/16.

That said, as you know, things can change rapidly. This is a wicked weather event,. SAFETY FIRST !!!

If the storm path threatens Tom's home and family this weekend, we all understand that he may have to delay his trip here.

Because of this, we have already arranged a POTENTIAL "rain date" for Service Session #9...which COULD be rescheduled for October 17-21, 2016.

For those of you who have to drop off or pick up your Viper before or after the formal Service Session dates, Mr. Jeff Klein says that he and his staff at the Champion Service facility will work hard to accommodate your needs. Your Viper will be safe !!

If you have service/repair needs and have not yet scheduled an appointment for Session #9, THERE ARE OPEN SERVICE SLOTS...especially mid week. CALL Keisha Tranbarger ASAP !! To do this, call 317-872-6200 Extension 2035...and ask for "Keisha Tranbarger in Service". You can also call/text Keisha directly at 317-989-4691. Please follow up your call with a brief email to Keisha describing your Viper's service/repair/warranty/recall needs. [email protected]

Be assured that we will keep on top of this situation...and, let you know PROMPTLY if any scheduling changes become necessary.

Thanks for your interest,

Steve Fess, 317-402-9013

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
IN/KY VIPER...SERVICE SESSION #9 POSTPONED ONE WEEK

Hello, All:

At 10:58 AM (EDT) today Tom Sessions call me to say that his area (Wilmington, NC) has been officially placed under a hurricane watch. It seems that the predicted (and hoped for) "right turn" path into the Atlantic Ocean is not taking place as quickly as recently discussed.

Initially, ALL of the present Viper service appointments originally on the books for next week at Champion Dodge will be rolled into the following week which is Oct. 17-21, 2016.

We realize that this rescheduling may not work for all you
for which we humbly apologize. That said, ALL POSSIBLE CONSIDERATION will be given to you in the rescheduling process...attempting to fit in with your personal schedule...especially for drop off and pick up.

While I am sorry for all of the inconvenience and burden that this change may put on you...we have to consider the Sessions Family's SAFETY FIRST.

Immediately after this email has been sent, I will personally call each of you currently on the schedule.

Thanks for your understanding,

Steve Fess 317-402-9013

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Tom Sessions will begin Service Session #9 in 4 days . This hurricane postponed event will begin Oct. 17 thru 21, 2016. There are a few open service slots...call !!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Tom is already working hard...picked up more appointments today...only a few open slots remain !!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Special Viper Service Session #10 will take place April 24-28, 2017. Sign up is easy...just call me. 317-402-9013. All Viper owners in need of service by Tom Sessions are invited.