1993 #/$ Alarm

Boozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got Gen I in 2002. Ended up replacing alarm at Dealer in 2008. Cool. Now I'm trying to sell it and the dog gone thing keeps arming itself. Fob works sometimes. I read all the reset/disables/grounding/etc but at this point, I'm so frustrated I just want to permanently unplug the thing. How? It's an insured red viper so I really don't care about the alarm. Pretty easy to find. Can I just start the car and pull the modules?

Currently have it posted on Craigslist under Kenosha with VIN so yes I'm the owner but the buyer is coming today and I don't want him to have issues, at least until he learns that Gen I alarms are a common problem.

Can somone call me or pm me at 262-237-4344? Thanks. - Mike

OP
OP
B

Boozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yes I will inform the new owner of the fun he will have with the alarm system in the future IF he re-arms it.

OP
OP
B

Boozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you like millions of times Steve. Awesome help!

Junior8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 93 dodge viper and I'm having the same problem I think! Had to get it on a flatbed last time to a viper mechanic. I hope I can find a different answer this time. Plz help

Junior8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you help me out steve? Seems like you know what is going on? Second time this has happened wants to crank but won't turn over

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Junior8, I will be happy to try to help....but, do not take offense at my pointed questions concerning ownership since you have no history here. 317-402-9013

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had alarm problems with my '94, dealer replaced the control unit and everything was fine after that.

Would someone mind sharing what the wisdom Steve imparted was?

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you just call Steve ?

Because this is a message board the purpose of which is to digitally share information among a group of people? While I very much appreciate your long time contributions to the community, if every thread on this board was solved by a phone call and the actual solution not shared, well, that's not a very useful board, is it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper