Scratched the car already!

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like an idiot I managed to scratch the lower front facia last night on a parking block 100% sober. Can't really see the scratches but I can't live with it. How hard is it to get the bumper cover off? I took one off on my gen 1 years ago and remember struggling a little to get it back on. I think I had a hard time stretching it back over the car??? Anyway, anyone have instructions for the Gen 3?

Thanks Brett

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get used to it. Almost impossible to avoid. Like you said, "can't really see it......"

OP
OP
V

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember on one of my Gen 1 cars 13 or 14 years ago I bought some skids that you taped under the bumper cover to help prevent what I just did. I know it's hard to avoid but my buddy has a body shop so I may do a quick fix this time and if it happens again I'll just live with it. I don't live in the city so I hardly ever have to park the car in an unfamiliar place.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would hurry up and fix it before you do it again. That way, you will have prior experience at fixing it. ;)

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, good advice to learn to live with it, I scratch mine all the time. My paint is show winning everywhere except under that facia, it is scratched all to hell. If I was to repaint it would just get scratched again really quick unfortunately.

02rt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's original paint on the bumper and scratches are not visible - live with it; once you respray it, it's not original... besides it will scratch again on something else.

But to answer your question bumper removal/install is not that difficult, from reading other posts. I've never done it but haven't heard any horror stories on them.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scrapping/scratching the fascia is a right of passage all Viper owners experience.

sssikvipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
depends on the color, some match well, others dont. i made the mistake with the color silver.... is too hard to match perfectly and you can tell its been repainted

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got some touch up paint and used a sponge to dab at it no one could tell the difference down there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper