Thread: Hi New guy...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool Hi New guy...

I just hope that this isnt one of those places that craps on new guys if they dont own one yet...

I see myself in a Viper within the next year. A nearly life long dream that should come true. Ive been reading for about 5 minutes and already you guys are making me regret the decision to get an 06 in Grey that matches my Mazda 6. Sigh. More power, better trans, better rear end... SIGH.

I REALLY like the 06 hood and front end and the fact that it doesnt say SRT on it, call me old school, but i prefer the nomenclature of the old Dodges from the 60-70's where R/T meant you had something different. Not that a Viper isnt different mind you...

Anywho, "hi" and all that...

Viper Owner

Default Re: Hi New guy...

Searching for the one you want is a big part of the fun. When it's finally in your garage.........man what a rush.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Hi.................
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    Searching for the one you want is a big part of the fun. When it's finally in your garage.........man what a rush.
    Yea, except i dont have a garage currently...lol.

Viper Club of America Business Office

Welcome, TalonTSi90. You've come to the right place, to chat Viper. Many of our members are long time owners and have been with the club since it's inception, 20 years ago. They have seen all of the models and will be able to provide their take on each.
    If you ever need some administrative information, please let me know. Welcome to our forums and I hope your dream comes true, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCeeJ View Post
    Welcome, TalonTSi90. You've come to the right place, to chat Viper. Many of our members are long time owners and have been with the club since it's inception, 20 years ago. They have seen all of the models and will be able to provide their take on each.
    If you ever need some administrative information, please let me know. Welcome to our forums and I hope your dream comes true, soon.
    Thanks Ive been looking for a section that talks about car audio or any other non mechanical mods but i cant seem to find it?

Also, if its ok to post a pic, this was the one i wanted (i think its gone but the color at least). Reading here i think its NOT a 2006 GTS? Also what color is that? My Mazda is that color and its called Tungsten Grey.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_7c3ed6cb664047ac803e11c673ad650.jpg

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Viper Slate Crystal Pearl Coat
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

There are a lot of threads on our forums - you just have to look around. A lot of the modification threads, though, are reserved in the Members Only section, but there are some that are public.
    If you click on a thread and it states 0 threads, like on Interior and Exterior - be sure to go to the "Thread Display Options" section and change the drop down menu on "show Threads from" to "beginning of time".
    Hope this helps.
    CJ

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    Viper Slate Crystal Pearl Coat
    Much better than "Grey" hehe

There are a lot of threads on our forums - you just have to look around. A lot of the modification threads, though, are reserved in the Members Only section, but there are some that are public.
    If you click on a thread and it states 0 threads, like on Interior and Exterior - be sure to go to the "Thread Display Options" section and change the drop down menu on "show Threads from" to "beginning of time".
    Hope this helps.
    CJ
    But no 'dedicated' forum, thanks

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

The archives under interior and exterior
    ― Winston Churchill

Viper Owner

That is not a 06. It is a gen 2 which ran from 96 till 02.

Quote Originally Posted by JST2CRZY View Post
    That is not a 06. It is a gen 2 which ran from 96 till 02.
    Yea, i figured it out after seeing this ad http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...420906212&mmt=[DODGE[VIPER[]][]]&listingId=427455422&Log=0

Apparently the one i was looking at had no clue what year it was.

The archives under interior and exterior
    Well something is messed up, all of those posts are from every aspect and only one that i found was about a CD player and it was from 2000. Let me ask this way, does ANYONE ever mess with car audio or interior mods? Or, what am i missing?

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Sorry for the poor idea
    ― Winston Churchill

Sorry for the poor idea
    No its ok, i guess it just strikes me as odd that these types of mods are so few i guess, or maybe no one documents them. But really, thanks

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by TalonTSi90 View Post
    i dont have a garage currently...lol.

You need a garage before a Viper. You're a little ahead of yourself son

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Welcome!

No its ok, i guess it just strikes me as odd that these types of mods are so few i guess, or maybe no one documents them. But really, thanks
    If you type in AUDIO in the search box, a lot of different threads come up. Perhaps you can find some suggestions there.

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    You need a garage before a Viper. You're a little ahead of yourself son
    Nah, itll be a daily driver, and im not your son. I about died at your poop posts though!

Quote Originally Posted by broomrider View Post
    Welcome!
    Thanky

If you type in AUDIO in the search box, a lot of different threads come up. Perhaps you can find some suggestions there.
    Yea, der, might work that way

VCA Member
    Great Lakes

Hi! TalonTSi90

Welcome! Have a great 4th of July!

Quote Originally Posted by JANEY View Post
    Hi! TalonTSi90

Welcome! Have a great 4th of July!
    Thanks you too

Hey, i read the FAQ on avatars, but it doesnt answer this question: is there a certain post count or time lapse that has to occur before you can use one?

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Only members can have Avatars
    ― Winston Churchill

You mean, paying members?

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

You mean, paying members?
    Benie Sanders isn't president yet
    ― Winston Churchill

Just clarifying, to join as a user is considered to be a member too.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Just clarifying, to join as a user is considered to be a member too.
    No Sir, that makes you an enthusiast. Contact CJ when you're ready and she can help you with that member thing
    Last edited by ViperJeff; 07-04-2016 at 07:25 PM.
    ― Winston Churchill

No Sir, that makes you an enthusiast. Contact CJ when you're ready and she can help you with that member thing
    What i meant is on the forum level, on any forum when you register you become a member of that board. Hence the link at the top labeled members

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

What i meant is on the forum level, on any forum when you register you become a member of that board. Hence the link at the top labeled members
    Just out of curiosity, have you ever clicked on that link? Or selected any of the "Member" links that are on that page?

Wait.... My error

Have a Great Day
    Vj
    ― Winston Churchill

Just out of curiosity, have you ever clicked on that link? Or selected any of the "Member" links that are on that page?

Wait.... My error

Have a Great Day
    Vj
    No, but ive been Admin and members of many forums. But my point wasnt to prove you wrong, just be clear what you were saying vs. what i understood.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast