VOI & VCA - Background Info

viperBase1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys.. new to the forum here.

Researching an upcoming purchase.
Targeting a GenIV.. about March/April next year.
Maybe a GenV.. but that'll be timing and luck of the draw! :dunno:

Newb question I haven't found the answer to..

VOI = Viper Owners Invitational
VCA = Viper Club of America (this place eh?)

How does a Viper become a "VOI" or "VCA" Viper.
I've seen a thread or two that makes it sound like they come from the factory that way.

Please help. :confused:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA is the club that brings all the Viper owners together with local regional clubs and the main National club.
You can join this club as an owner, and will need your Vehicle Identification Number when you fill out the form on the JOIN! button above.

The VOI is a gathering every other year of all members to get together and enjoy their Vipers at track and show events in a rotating venue.
It is usually supported by the regional and national club, along with invitees from Dodge, SRT and FCA.

You can follow along on this forum until you get your Viper, tell the owners selling their cars which you might be interested in purchasing.
The club also provides technical information to educate their membership on proper maintenance and preservation of the Marque.

OP
OP
viperBase1

viperBase1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awsome Paul, thanks for the clarification.
So when someone says they have a "VOI Viper", it's sort of a badge they picked up from the club. Cool.

Here's my ISVP (Ideal Sinister Viper Plan):

• Gen IV or Gen V Coupe (for me, this threshold was set early-on in my research)
  • Between $50K - $70K (depending on trim-flavor, year & mileage variations.. even open to an ACR)
  • Pretty much any color w/strip (except the coral looking red).
  • Close to home. One I can drive home in a day. (so anywhere in SoCal and maybe AZ or NV)
  • Upgraded exhaust - Belanger headers & hi-flo cats, Corsa at the ends. (thanks Vprbite..I'm a musician too!)

Hey I'm in San Diego myself, so as the time nears you'll probably be hearing from me directly.
Thanks again!

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
VOI Vipers are badged at the factory and identified in the factory equipment listing. With this being the last year of production, I can't see where there would be another production of VOI Vipers

Just saying

OP
OP
viperBase1

viperBase1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, the plot thickens!

Thanks for saying, but don't stop there.

So how does the factory decide if a Viper gets the VOI badge?
Whats the diff between a VOI badge and a VCA badge?
Do these badges have any affect on value/depreciation? Or is it a "perceived" thing?

I'm getting the feeling you might have already said too much.
Apologies in advance if this gets you banned from the club.

If a VIN# is required before this info. can be divulged..I understand.
N' maybe there's a secret hand-shake..I'm cool with that too.

Digging all the mystery swirling about these badges..
If you can point me to a place where this info. is freely available..that'd be fine.

Thanks again.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Ask all the questions you want. There is no secret to this

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Really no difference between the VCA badging and the VOI, both are directly related to this Club. Value, at this point of the value game, about the same as any other Viper of the year in question. Perceived value.. is the difference between owning and buying and the owner won't like the value suggested over their own value. So be ready to pay more

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper