Problem programin fob

Txviper06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I ran into a little problem today. I recently purchased a new key fob for my 2006 SRT Coupe. I read the directions in the manual and was successful programming the new fob. However, the original fob stopped working when I programed the new one. So I repeated the process, and again had the exact same results, except now the old fob worked again and the new fob did not. I finally realized that I might have to reprogram all of the fobs once in the program mode instead of just the nonfunctional one and I was going to try that when I ran into a problem.

The car now refuses to go into programming mode. When I hold down the unlock button for five seconds and then press and hold the panic button for one second, and release together it does not beep. I'm kind of dumbfounded because it worked 3 times and now he refuses to beep/go into program mode. The new fob now works but my original one does not and I cannot get it to go into program mode to try and program both of them again.

I have tried removing the battery cables for several hours and reconnecting them, but I got the same problem. Any suggestions

OP
OP
T

Txviper06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a long way from any dealer the knows remotely anything about a Viper

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hummmmmm...low post, no history guy wanting alarm info...saw he was listed as reading thread earlier...but no call in three hours. Noted that he is trying another forum as well. Hummmmmm. I remain willing to TRY to help once some ownership info offered.

OP
OP
T

Txviper06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll give you a call tomorrow, I just read your post. Yes, I did post in another forum to double up my efforts because I'm still having trouble. Car runs fine though, I drove it 100 miles today but it still will not let me program the new key fobs anymore. The check engine light is also flashing with the key in the Run position which the manual says indicates the emissions or OBD is not working. It also states this may be due to a battery problem or disconnect which I did on purpose trying to reset the car due to the fob programming issue. I'll shoot you a text or give you a call tomorrow around noon. I don't think it's an alarm issue because that seems to be working just fine. Thanks

OP
OP
T

Txviper06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/QmoyP1U2AG8

I uploaded a quick video of the cel, obviously there is no video of the key programing problem because it's not doing anything that I can video. Also this should be satisfactory enough for ownership proof, LOL.

Also, please don't blast me for not video in horizontally. I'm just had shoulder surgery on Monday so that's about as good as it gets LOL. Just copy and paste the link above and it should pull up the video

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for update. Sorry about your shoulder as it takes quite a while to get past many such procedures.

OP
OP
T

Txviper06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big thanks to Steve for trying to help me this morning. Sorry again for all the distractions; it was kind of hectic.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Am very interested in Dan's suggestion( made "over yonder")...which may depend on exact sequence of steps.

OP
OP
T

Txviper06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No luck yet, will post when something changes. I'm stumped at the moment