Gen 3 Replacement tires

Scoders1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm replacing my run flat tires and need some advice on what new tirers I should use.

I've been told that the best tires are Michelin Super Sports or Pirelli P Zero.

I've found some good deals on Pirelli 355 30 19. (I though I might go a little wider then the stock tire)

I've also found fair deals on the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 345 30 19.

Any adive on either of these tires? (I only drive on the street. No aggressive stuff)

Thanks,
Scott

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find the Super Sports to be garbage, even though everyone thinks they are so great. They have far too narrow of an operating range, temperature wise. They are a "I spun on cold tires and crashed" waiting to happen. I will try the Pirellis next

diamond head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with Jon B, he may have just what you are looking for at a great price.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
My Super Sports have been awesome in all sorts of conditions so far, though I also understand not to push any performance tire that hard when the conditions don't call for it. I've driving in pouring rain at 70 on the highway and it felt rock solid. Even gotten a little aggressive on turns in the rain when I had some room to play and was surprised just how well they stuck. Granted that's when there is still reasonable tread left on them. Get them down a bit and that solid feeling on the highway goes down some mph. I've had reasonable luck at the track with them as well, but have never run anything else at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper