Whats wrong with these cars?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There might not be anything wrong with the cars. You on the other hand......

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That seems like market price, at least compared to another similar one that I know of that sold. The Carfax is clean.

That the price is reasonable for a very lightly used car with no warranty. Assuming that he bought it for invoice or less, that would be around 10% depreciation? That seems more than reasonable, given the warranty issue.

Of course, I am not a Gen V owner; but, am a potential buyer; so, my opinions might be biased.

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point is this seems awfully low by like 20-30k compared to others ive seen with more miles and compared to some Gen I and II's. Faced with buying a 16-20 year old car for $50-60, getting a 2 year old car for another $20k seems nearly no brainer-ish.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point is this seems awfully low by like 20-30k compared to others ive seen
You are definitely right to be suspicious. I am following the used Gen V market, and there are quite a few cars that have been advertised with attractive prices and they end up being manufacturer buyback cars. I think that causes a big hit on value; even if they have managed to fix the car.

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, that's not so bad, if you know at going in. I'd rather have that issue than something a ********* didn't disclose and I'm the one eating it when it should have been covered under warranty, or fixed if the PO was a "drive it hard, put it away wet" person. But I'm also leery of this apparent motor issue as well...

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was juuuuuuust about to pull the trigger on a well priced 2014 GenV...then I read a ton of horrific stories on the other site and decided against it. Too risky....

Last edited by a moderator:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 2016 starts out at $89k and likely comes with a better interest rate since it's new. These prices aren't crazy low.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have two one owners in a similar price and both have been gone through by Mr. Jorgensen and crew -- each is a GTS. There are virtually no 16s out there that are not SRTs , and many have odd options so are 104K to 110K. Heck we just sold a GTC ( 2017 ) for that. Overall pricing seems to have stabilized with all models and we are getting a lot of inquiries during the Winter, so looks good for all of us owners that the market could even swing upwards a bit in the coming months?

Bill Pemberton
Viper and SRT Sales Mgr
Woodhouse
www.woodhouse.com
402-677-5864