Sebring Rear View Mirror Install

VinnyRusso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, for some reason my car was missing the rear view mirror when I bought it... So I searched for options and came up with this...

2007 Sebring Rear View Mirror - $30 on eBay.

Has auto dim and map lights. - Perfect.

I documented the install, if anyone wants me to post it I will...

You must be registered for see images attach

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with making your own solution. At least it doesnt look janky.

OP
OP
V

VinnyRusso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, here's the basics:

1. This is the harness I had in the car... On the right, ground... On the left, both 12V+ (always on)

2. The harness the Sebring Mirror comes with - basically everything needs to be powered except the middle wire on the right side of the harness... This is the only solid black one.

3. The back of the Sebring mirror:

4. I removed (carefully) the two wires from the Sebring harness that I did not have in the harness in the car. Use a small pick and you can release the lock and they slide out.

5. I stripped the insulation back on the wires in my harness in the car, then soldered the new wires I took off the Sebring harness to the 12V+ wires. This will allow all four wires for the mirror to have 12+ as needed to work the dimmer function.

6. When your harness is done, it will look like this, then you can just mount your mirror. (Make sure you test fit the length of the harness in your car, that it will reach the back of the mirror. My car did not have ANY mirror for some reason... So I was able to install the mirror mount wherever I needed to. I'm not sure where the factory tab on the glass is for your cars, but it should reach.

7. Completed mirror install.. I have to mention that this setup is 12V on all the time, so like any other car withal lights, you can leave them on accidentally. Same for the dimmer function. I have found that I use the dimmer like I used to use the manual dimmers back in the day... Meaning I only have it one when i need it, so I avoid forgetting and leaving it on. I am working out how to make this 12 switched with the ignition.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea and thanks for posting the instructions. Is there a reason you didn't do a Mopar mirror w/Homelink? thanks, Mike

OP
OP
V

VinnyRusso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, two... Cost and power.

1. the mirrors you speak of are hard to find and most are trashed used (worn buttons, etc). Cheapest new I found was close to $300 for orange display.

2. Power - the power for the mirrors in the Viper is constant on... Until I figure out how to change this to switched power, I didn't want the mirror powered 24/7.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235