Thread: Membership renewed after a lapse & now looking for shop recommendations

Reply to Thread
    VCA Member
    Northeast

Default Membership renewed after a lapse & now looking for shop recommendations

Hey All - Today I renewed my membership after letting it expire. Long story but I got my 1/2 of the Viper back after my divorce became final on Monday!

Looking to get back involved with events and catch up. My red '05 is in great shape but needs some updates. First thing I want to do is change out my 3.08 rear for 3.55's or maybe 3.73's and maybe go with a short throw shifter.

Looking for shop or mechanics locally or within short distance (I'm in Bethesda) to have the gear and shifter changes done. I might also wrap the car, it is red now and I'm thinking another color (another story as to why) but getting the mechanical upgrades is the priority.
    Attached Images

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Default Re: Membership renewed after a lapse & now looking for shop recommendations

Welcome back
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

VCA Member
    Northeast

Default Re: Membership renewed after a lapse & now looking for shop recommendations

thanks much

VCA Member
    Northeast
    NE Director at Large

You have some options being down in Bethesda. Tysons Corner/Ashburn area, Springfield and I do know of one other former Viper Tech, but I need to check in with him to see where he is nowadays.

Let's get through the holidays and I will have some specifics for you. Welcome back.

VCA Member
    Great Lakes

Welcome back! ��

VCA Member
    Northeast

Your smack in the middle of 2 very qualified people to do the updates on your viper.
    Chuck Tator & Tom Sessions.
    Transporter of all Exotics, Vipers and Race Cars
    2005 FGT FS
    2006 Ray Evernham Nextel Cup / Bill Elliot Driven FS

VCA Member
    South Florida

The work that you describe above is not complex. It is also two different types of work. The wrap is more of an art form. The rear end gear change and short throw shifter are paint by the numbers. Assuming that your car is off any extended warranty, call the Dodge SRT help line and see who they think is the most active SRT sales and service dealer in your area. Then call and see if you can speak to the Viper tech to get a level of comfort. For the wrap, locate the highest end body shop in your area that repairs Ferraris, Lambos, etc. and ask them who they use to do wraps. The pickier the customers, the better the wraps. I have used dealers to do any and all of the mods on my SRT products with the exception of the modification of the tranny on my former Gen III. I shipped the tranny up to John Donato in Michigan. He is the Viper tranny guru. https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-donato-92712b10 I had a modified Gen IV tranny and an OS Giken differential in a Paxton supercharged environment. It worked well. Here is a link to an old thread that you may find interesting regarding differentials. http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/...in-Viper/page4
    '14 Blk Vper TA; old Vper: Q:11.4, st mi:174; '15 Auto Chall Hellcat Q:10.985/126.96; 08 SRT8 Jeep(159.52 st mi)(Q:12.13/111.7);00 Fd Ltning:Q:12.89/105.48 (sold). Best Q (Tp Dragster): 207.43 /6.793