Gen 3 tire replacement question

Scoders1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm replacing the tires on my car and ran into a problem.

I'm going with Pirelli PZero (not run flats)

On the back I'm using 355 30 ZR19.

On the front I can only find 285 35 R18. I thing that I can get by with running a little wider tire but don't know what the difference is between the R and ZR tires.

Will I run into any problems running the R type tire on the front and the ZR on the back?

(I only drive on the street.)

Thanks,
Scott

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think youre missing the actual speed rating, W or Y coding for those tires. Example 275/35ZR18 (99Y) XL or 345/30ZR19 (109Y) XL.

Where are you getting the Pirellis? Tire Rack only shows the Michelin Pilot SS's in those sizes.

OP
OP
S

Scoders1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The speed rating is Y97 for both. I've had the rear tires for awhile. I'm getting the front tires from the Tire Rack. (285 35 R18)

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, i saw that too, which is why i said the bit about the missing Y or W code :)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No offense to Grant , as he did a good job, but for those of you who call Tire Rack for Viper Tire Questions, your best bet is Extention #4362 , Luke Pavlik. Years ago they sponsored the site and Luke would show up at major Viper events. He knows our cars better than anyone in the tire business in my estimation, so put him on your list to call if you contact Tire Rack.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chatted with Luke yesterday and he mentioned there should be a few tires incoming. Would call him as suggested above and see if you can reserve some? Hopefully I understood him correctly?

doncmleon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chatted with Luke yesterday and he mentioned there should be a few tires incoming. Would call him as suggested above and see if you can reserve some? Hopefully I understood him correctly?
By "few tires coming"...does that mean new brands carrying our sizes????

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hard to get Pirellis now , and Michelin Super Sports seem to be on hand in very workable sizes -- 1-888-981-3953 , ext. 4362 for Luke Pavlik . He has been helping folk on this site since the 90s and is a fellow track rat!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper