How bad is the ACR on the road?

unconscionable

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking to trade in my Porsche for a Gen V ACR.

Let me quality my preferences by saying I LIKE ******** cars. I own a Lotus Elise and the Porsche is boring me a bit, despite being their more "pure" edition. I like a car that's raw, pure, and engaging. I don't mind getting beaten up in the name of performance. I want to entertain myself.

That said, most of my driving will be on the street, save for 3-4 casual track days per year.

My wife, however, is concerned that the car will be so uncivilized that she won't want to touch it. She parrots what all the reviews say: it's a race car for the road. It's torture. It's unlivable. The AC doesn't work. You're not a club racer. It is going to scrape on everything. Why do you want this?

My belief is that these reviewers are dramatic. They over-exaggerate a car's deficiencies and want everything to feel like a Mercedes. I specifically don't want that. I want a beast with basic amenities and road manners. The ACR has adjustable suspension also which I'm sure helps a tad.

She wants me to get a Jag F type SVR. I know -- that's like comparing apples to sausages -- but it's perhaps a more entertaining road car.

So am I right in assuming these reviews are exaggerating or am I wrong in under-estimating the harshness of the ACR?

Thank you. I'm literally about to sign the paperwork one way or another by Tuesday.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I got my ACR Extreme in April. I find it very fun to drive on the street--my wife loves it. In fact she likes it more than she likes my '05 and '10 Vipers. I never hesitate to drive it.--Dave

Funzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just buy a ACR Extreme 2016. It's my 5th Viper. I love it and no problem on the street.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper