Use Car Gurus.... better than auto trader or Craigslist

OP
OP
J

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use Car Gurus.... better than auto trader or Craigslist

Yes, thank you. Always looking for more selection.

Have you guys found carfax to be a good thing to use? If so I'll buy the 60 day unlimited for $70.

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, thank you. Always looking for more selection.

Have you guys found carfax to be a good thing to use? If so I'll buy the 60 day unlimited for $70.

It's only as good as the given info. In other words, not inherently bad or good. It's only a tool, not an end all info source.

OP
OP
J

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, normally I don't care about any of that stuff. I normally buy cars locally though and can look at them. It seems like Vipers are the kind of cars where you almost have to travel to get the one you want.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Carfax can be handy just to get some idea about the car, but ultimately it's always best to see a car in person before a final decision. Knowing how many owners a car has had is really about the most consistent info you get out of it as you can have damage that wasn't reported if it wasn't done by a bodyshop or something. Can be nice for seeing recall data and dealer service records, but if the car is that old I wouldn't expect someone to still be taking it to a dealer.

My car has over 100k miles and would probably scare most people off if I tried to sell it and they looked at the Carfax. No service records for the past 60k miles or more, but I change the oil and most other fluids fairly regularly and try to keep on top of maintenance. When it's nice and clean I'm not even sure you could tell it had that many miles on it and it still runs like the day I bought it.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not everything gets reported to Carfax. You still need to have an inspection performed. Cheapest insurance out there.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Call Mark Jorgensen when you have time ( 1-800-889-1893 ) as he was involved with virtually all the Paxton installs and they were almost problem free. No one did as many as he and his team , so if you want to talk to someone who actually handled and worked on a bunch, he is your man.

[email protected]

OP
OP
J

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Mark Jorgensen when you have time ( 1-800-889-1893 ) as he was involved with virtually all the Paxton installs and they were almost problem free. No one did as many as he and his team , so if you want to talk to someone who actually handled and worked on a bunch, he is your man.

[email protected]

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. I really don't like bothering people like that if I'm not an actual customer buying something though. I know time is money, and I don't want to waste anyone's time.

OP
OP
J

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not 100% sure, but I was under the impression that all gen 3 coupes were a special edition that was blue with the white double stripes. Might be totally wrong, but that's about the only way I remember ever seeing them.

So I accidentally stumbled upon some info. From what I read on this forum from other members posting their thoughts... It seems as though the first 200 coupes that were produced in model year 2006 were numbered 1-200 and were all blue with white stripes and dubbed "Heart Stoppers".

Here is where I stumbled upon that info.
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...tion-Who-Has-One?highlight=200+heart+stoppers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper