Motor questions

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is Greg Good and where can i find him? I take it he does port work.

The more i think about it, i think i want to go NA and may just build a new motor and drop it in. That way, i always have a spare in case something happens and i love building motors, theres a certain sense of creating something with your hands and creating life so to speak.

Most likely will do into a 97, so will a Gen III motor fit, or will i need a Gen II tranny etc?

I know some serious gains can be had, with some combos putting over 700 at the wheels. I also read a thread about using Gen IV heads and intake, but dont remember if it was in a Gen II or III and im still looking for the thread.

This way, if down the road i decide to pressurize it, ill prob go twins and wont have to do much to the motor other than add'l fuel maybe.

Any insight, tips or leads will be greatly appreciated :)

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 99 Greg good heads and cam did 620rwhp. Last year of forged internals. If ur looking for 700 to the wheels with a gen 2 na that's a high #. Maybe if ur stroke and bore it? As far as the tranny a gen 4 would be ur better option.

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 99 Greg good heads and cam did 620rwhp. Last year of forged internals. If ur looking for 700 to the wheels with a gen 2 na that's a high #. Maybe if ur stroke and bore it? As far as the tranny a gen 4 would be ur better option.

Yea, thats why i said a 542ci build.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, thats why i said a 542ci build.

If I'm not mistaken, a few years back a kind gentleman by the name of Disturbed1 tried to get a build done just like your thinking. The particular shop he used for the endeavor not only took his money and never produced the product, but managed to use Disturbed1's money as a low interest loan and keep him swinging from his nuts to boot. It was a beautiful display of salesmanship......

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, a few years back a kind gentleman by the name of Disturbed1 tried to get a build done just like your thinking. The particular shop he used for the endeavor not only took his money and never produced the product, but managed to use Disturbed1's money as a low interest loan and keep him swinging from his nuts to boot. It was a beautiful display of salesmanship......

Thats one reason why i said i would build it :)

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No biggie. Can you explain the Gen IV tranny part?

The TR6060 is the T56 Magnum. It has 30% more gear area to handle more torque, better internals and the case is thicker to handle more torque. The output shaft is a larger 31 spline shaft instead of the older Viper spec T56 at 30 spline. Tremec rates the 6060/Magnum transmission at 700ft/lbs in a 4000lb vehicle. This is all off of memory, so somebody please correct me if I am wrong.