(Almost) new Viper owner, saying hi

ViperDefender

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am *almost* the proud new owner of a 1994 Dodge Viper RT/10. The car has low mileage, a new clutch, and is completely stock--and from what my research has told me, Vipers are fairly bulletproof if they are not modified.

I'm not gonna lie, though...I definitely feel like a newbie, since this is my first Viper-buying experience. But I have been working on changing that by doing lots and lots of research. It seems like the largest foreseeable costs are insurance, tires, and gas. With that said, I'm curious if anyone could throw me some very rough numbers of yearly maintenance. And, with the car having a new clutch, I'm also curious what the next big replacement might be, and ballpark of cost.

Any insight, advice, or constructive criticism would be hugely appreciated. I've been reading posts and forums non-stop, but it'd would be nice to connect with come fellow Viper enthusiasts directly.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to this new adventure.

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperDefender,
Welcome to the Viper Club of America Forums. Please let me know if I can help you with anything club related: [email protected]

Can't wait to see your Viper!
CJ

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not an owner yet and im still soaking up info as fast as i can find it and i know ill still feel like a n00b once i get mine. Not to mention insanely giddy. Nice name too ;)

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Halfway there! Fan of the show, yes--and also because I'm frequently defending the Viper against those who believe it is an untamed death machine that wants to kill you.

Of course not, its a limited edition adrenalin infused life mobile!

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperDefender, good luck with the Viper, you will see there is no other car on the planet that brings out the jealously and hate in some people, why because its the coolest car on the road and everybody knows it.:usa:

OP
OP
ViperDefender

ViperDefender

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperDefender, good luck with the Viper, you will see there is no other car on the planet that brings out the jealously and hate in some people, why because its the coolest car on the road and everybody knows it.:usa:

Thanks, steve e--I totally agree!

OP
OP
ViperDefender

ViperDefender

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be taking delivery in a couple of weeks, so I'll post some pics when it's rolling into my driveway.

Quick (stupid?) question: it is as loud as HELL...is that normal? I'm told that it's stock, but man oh man, it's close to deafening. Maybe I'm crotchety beyond my years.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, stock it is not loud at all. The previous owner has probably done some exhaust work, as most do since it's lacking in the sound department.

Purple Haze

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait for some photos welcome to the site and the coolest car in the world!

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone use Viper Parts Rack (.com)? They have some mid/high-flow cats that are supposed to "reduce sound".
Viper Parts Rack is owned by JonB, who was a VCA member from the beginning. He also purchased the inventory from Viper Parts of America. In my dealings with Jon, I would say that VPR is very trustworthy and the staff knowledgeable.

OP
OP
ViperDefender

ViperDefender

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Parts Rack is owned by JonB, who was a VCA member from the beginning. He also purchased the inventory from Viper Parts of America. In my dealings with Jon, I would say that VPR is very trustworthy and the staff knowledgeable.

That's great to know, thanks so much for the info.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If by side sills you mean the side exhaust covers, I have a brand new set available.

OP
OP
ViperDefender

ViperDefender

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If by side sills you mean the side exhaust covers, I have a brand new set available.

Mine are a little heat warped, so that is also something I have interest in. Any pictures? If not, no worries--my first step will be taking off the side sills/exhaust covers and seeing what the story is with the pipes.

OP
OP
ViperDefender

ViperDefender

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone use and have a good experience the theviperstore.com? It and Viper Parts Rack seem to be the most comprehensive Viper-specific selection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper