Headers on sale!

jmet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Gen3 owners that have been looking at getting headers, OBX and Maximizer headers are on sale on eBay for 20% off! Just bought a set for my vert for 725.20 (with shipping). Comes with cat deletes too.

I know some people hate on the Chinese knock offs but enough people have had success and liked them that I thought I'd share!

And those of you in the Southeast, I enjoyed the weather and took mine to Coffee and Cars, Augusta today... actually saw a second Viper there for once among the 500 cars!

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't necessarily hate on the Chinese parts. I guess, I would have to see the gains on a dyno graph and weigh the difference of cost vs gains against other manufacturers. They're most likely better than the OEM manifolds though, right?

It does seem kinda sacrilegious to put Chinese headers on an iconic american car though.

OP
OP
J

jmet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any long tubes are better than the stock manifold... The complaints I've heard were regarding durability and potential 'cracking', though I have heard many more positive reviews from them. Note, my Vert is strictly my toy car, not a daily driver or track car. If I were building a track car or daily, I would probably go with Belangers. Ultimately, I just want to get rid of the stock garbage and cats and let her breathe a little more;)

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not sure I've ever even heard of those brands. Material used would be my main concern. Workmanship can be nice overseas, but it just depends on the shop you get stuff from. I got a second hand set of M&M headers and they have been awesome so far.

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OBX has been associated with cheap in the import car world. They have been around for probably the better part of a decade now. They have dabbled into small stuff and other parts all the way up to turbos. However, like jmet pointed out, they most likely are still better than OEM. It's a pipe and it's mandrel bent and probably a 304 stainless. While they most likely don't take the time to actually engineer it for exhaust scavenging, it's still probably alright-ish. I have come across some of their manifolds where they weren't completely sealed at the collector though. And that can be a pain to fix after everything is all welded up.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't speak for their Viper stuff, but my father put an OBX cat back system on his 850R and it held up well. I ended putting one of my T-5R and it has held up very well.

Last edited:

doncmleon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Features:

Made with 304-grade stainless steel for durability
Dual T.I.G. welded for stronger hold
CNC mandrel bent pipes for faster smoother exhaust flow
Include only the accessories show on the photo
All systems are built with the highest quality, care and detail. Don't compromised Quality Assurance is Guaranteed
NO installation instruction is included in the kit, we recommend professional installation
Flat rate shipping fee only apply to those package shipping within the lower 48 United States
If you have any questions, please contact us through eBay message center
Limited Lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects (Must fill out and return warranty card with a copy of the receipt and within 30 days of purchase date)

OP
OP
J

jmet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the ad:

Header with Off Road OEM Connection Pipes

Header Tube 1 3/4" Collector 3" And Down Pipe Inlet 3" , Outlet 2 2/1 OEM Connection
OBX Genuine Products Design and Quality of OBX U.S.A.

High Performance Track Proven Quality Headers From OBX Racing Sports.
Dyno Proven, Increase Low End Torque And Horse Power, Great Throttle Response With Great Sound.
Get Up To 35% Better Exhaust Gas Flow By Replacing The Restrictive And Inefficient Factory Cast Log Manifolds With These Precision Built High Flow Headers.
Increase Better/Smoother Exhaust Flow At Higher RPM To Generate More Power And Maximum Performance Out Of Your Engine.
Beautifully Constructed With High Quality SUS-T304 Stainless Steel For Best Durability.
Mirror Polished Finishing.

Again, take it for what its worth, I just thought 'what the hell, for 675.20 its worth trying them out, at least for more reviews of the product' and so I need to order an tune and install the headers and let everyone know how they work! I will see about getting a video of the car for before and after as well. Right now I've just got the K&N intake and Borla catback, I hope/expect a substantial difference;)

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, that's good though. If nobody is willing to try them out, then nobody is going to know. At least one person will try it and report back with experiences.

doncmleon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im seriously going to consider these... but i need a catted install (texas).

Ill do plenty of before and after videos and write ups.

doncmleon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOVE Kooks! I had them on my 06 GTO. Incredible sound, incredible quality.

If I chicken out on the OBX or Max, thats exactly where I'm headed: Kooks.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
From the ad:

Header with Off Road OEM Connection Pipes

Header Tube 1 3/4" Collector 3" And Down Pipe Inlet 3" , Outlet 2 2/1 OEM Connection
OBX Genuine Products Design and Quality of OBX U.S.A.

High Performance Track Proven Quality Headers From OBX Racing Sports.
Dyno Proven, Increase Low End Torque And Horse Power, Great Throttle Response With Great Sound.
Get Up To 35% Better Exhaust Gas Flow By Replacing The Restrictive And Inefficient Factory Cast Log Manifolds With These Precision Built High Flow Headers.
Increase Better/Smoother Exhaust Flow At Higher RPM To Generate More Power And Maximum Performance Out Of Your Engine.
Beautifully Constructed With High Quality SUS-T304 Stainless Steel For Best Durability.
Mirror Polished Finishing.

Again, take it for what its worth, I just thought 'what the hell, for 675.20 its worth trying them out, at least for more reviews of the product' and so I need to order an tune and install the headers and let everyone know how they work! I will see about getting a video of the car for before and after as well. Right now I've just got the K&N intake and Borla catback, I hope/expect a substantial difference;)

I've got a pretty similar setup except with M&M headers (K&N + Borla catback). Never put any cats back in when I did the headers, though have actually thought about it a few times to pull the sound down just a bit more. Since I daily drive it the cruising decibels could be a tad lower, but I've gotten used to it. Already had a tune on it when I bought it that was good for a pretty noticeable upgrade (~50 hp and 60 ft-lbs), though I haven't retuned after the header install. Have dyno'd it again since and didn't really see any noticeable difference, though the sound is definitely a bit more exotic. Has a little more **** sound. I'd say before it was more like a roar at high rpm and now it's a bit more of a scream.

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOVE Kooks! I had them on my 06 GTO. Incredible sound, incredible quality.

If I chicken out on the OBX or Max, thats exactly where I'm headed: Kooks.

LOL, I've got a set of Kooks on my 04 GTO right now. No cats on that one with 3" duals all the way back. Kooks is one of those companies that actually engineers their headers.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry guy, but I have a problem with a Enthusiast whose first post is to promote two headers we have frankly never heard of. Over the years there have been a ton of headers come out, and many do not perform that well , nor do the fit great. There is likely little R&D or heavy input into these systems ( usually copies of others), but when you have a Company like Belanger who has been around , for Vipers , since the 90s, and has an unbelievable , proven track record, why are you even considering some here today, gone tomorrow systems that will sure be fun to get service or advice on for your baby. There are companies out there that have devoted themselves to our , handbuilt , low production car, and off the wall producers that copy or jump in here and there should carry a Buyer Beware Sign all over their wares , imho.

Probably the coolest test ever done on Vipers was with a portable Dyno at Mid Ohio with over 20 Vipers racing in the Viper Days Series. The conclusion was if you did not have Belangers or a system that used to sold by Archer Racing , you were at a severe advantage. Not much has changed today , and we still recommend Belanger over all others - fit is superb, and the power is undeniabl.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper