98 rear suspension sag

madramper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am working on a custom project from a wrecked 98 Viper. Since this car was wrecked, I was wondering if someone could get me a measurement of the sag in the rear suspension? Basically, I need the measurement from the center of the hub to the lip of the fender sitting on the ground, then jack the car up so the wheel sags and comes off the ground then get the same measurement so I can see how much the suspension sags with the weight of the car on it. Hopefully I explained that well enough. Thanks for the help!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are looking for a suspension measurement with the suspension loaded/unloaded? My 02 is up on jack stands now, so I can probably give you what you need. Just be a little more specific.

OP
OP
M

madramper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are looking for a suspension measurement with the suspension loaded/unloaded? My 02 is up on jack stands now, so I can probably give you what you need. Just be a little more specific.

Yes, I am looking for the amount of suspension travel between the car at rest sitting on the ground and when the car is jacked up off the ground. Basically I want to know how much the suspension compresses with the weight of the car on it.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want that distance measured from hub to wheel arch/quarterpanel opening?

OP
OP
M

madramper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want that distance measured from hub to wheel arch/quarterpanel opening?

I really just need the difference between weight on and weight off. As long as you measure the same 2 spots both times you should get a pretty accurate measurement of the compression of the suspension. Its probably only an inch or 2. I appreciate your help!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for delay. Have been respraying a wheel. 19 inches from hub to inner fender with suspension unloaded. Hope to have wheels on and car back on the ground soon.