Thread: Talon Viper Status Thread

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Viper Owner

Default Talon Viper Status Thread

Talon, I've created a thread specifically formulated to keep tabs on your progress towards purchasing an actual Viper. Could you please keep us informed as to where you are in the process?

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Default Re: Talon Viper Status Thread

I know he's busy looking, my pm box is almost full
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Viper Owner

Talon, always remember this: you don't NEED a Viper to have a meaningful relationship with a woman. If you feel that you do, don't get a modded Viper. Just get a high mileage stocker......women don't give a damn about mods.

Viper Owner

I heard you were from Kentucky right? You might be better served spending that money on dental implants.

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post
    ..women don't give a damn about mods.
    Ahemmmm! That would be most women Free.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by broomrider View Post
    Ahemmmm! That would be most women Free.

I thought about you when I posted that. I was gonna say 99.9 percent of women.....

Ok, all the money had been received by my lawyer, $150k gross. His cut and a couple hundred in fees were taken out, med bills negotiated as low as possible but still $21k. Now my bankruptcy lawyer has to get the remainder and the total payoff (Chap 13). What sucks is I'm gonna be left a LOT less than I thought, but still prob $40-50k. Sadder though, I just found out Monday it could take 2 months for the trustee to pay off all the debt and give me the rest...

In the meantime I'm still looking for a 97 B/W, 97-99 GTS or if I get closer to $40k a Gen III for around $30k. While I don't want a vert, I want a Viper bad enough to get one. I figure ill finance $15-20k depending on the rate so i can start building my credit back up.

Now that its mostly said and done I feel free to talk about the actual wreck if anyone cares.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

all ears... or eyes in this case
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Nov 2nd 2015... I was heading home from work around 415 on my bike. The exit ramp is fairly long and straight but 3 lanes wide and all traffic was to the right, so i was watching to make sure someone didnt cut out in front of me as i down shifted making my pipes make people aware of my presence. As i got to the top of the ramp, i had just started to settle into my left turn and as i looked left, this 2002 Explorer comes flying through his red light. I clamped down on the clutch and both brakes and clenched my ******* and thought to myself "this is gonna hurt"... a couple seconds later im laying on the pavement, my first action was to look at the traffic light and literally close my eyes as if they were shutters taking a picture. The light was green so i heaved a bit of a sigh and then went to visually track the guy as he slowed down and changed two lanes as if to realize he has nowhere to go and has to stop.

So, now i swing my leg off the bike (i was in the riding position laying on my right side) and im laying there, leg pinned under the bike and its screaming at me pretty good. Im sure its busted though, my left wrist felt odd, but not really painful. By this time 1 guy has stopped to help and lifts the bike up so i can pull my leg out and a lady asks if she can do anything and i asked if she could take my watch off cause when i touched it, my wrist felt weird. I ask that lady if she would go to the guy and get his drivers license so he dont try and run and when she came back she said he didnt speak English or at least acted like he didnt, so my first thought was "great, illegal alien with no insurance". Id say not 5 mins pass and the ambulance is already there, they air splint my arm and help me stand up and get on the gurney, about this time the cops show up. They load me in and off we go.

My leg is killing me and my wrist is now starting to hurt from the splint and im trying to hold onto my backpack with my work laptop in it (im a fed emp so i cant let it out of my site, otherwise i might not care as much). So in the ER thy xray my arm and leg and i think my back too.

So, both bones in my wrist are snapped, ive got a bruise on my left shoulder, fractured fibula (lower small leg bone), possible concussion (not from hitting my head), whiplash etc. I couldnt get an MRI on my leg till late November, but the results were torn LCL, fractured finula and bruised tibia, fractured femoral condial (upper large leg bones 'knuckle').

A year later im still having issues with upper back muscle problems that didnt really show up till it got consistently cold, getting migraines like you wouldnt believe from the tightness and nothing seems to help. The pins they put in my wrist still need to come out, but the ice scraper will stay in.
    Attached Images

Viper Owner

Dude, is that an X-Ray of a human hand or a Walrus flipper?

Dude, is that an X-Ray of a human hand or a Walrus flipper?
    Its zoomed in for detail.

VCA Member
    UT/AZ

Talon you deserve a Viper after all that. After you heal is there going to be some pay back from the guy that hit you. Sorry thats the old me talking, only kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by steve e View Post
    Talon you deserve a Viper after all that. After you heal is there going to be some pay back from the guy that hit you. Sorry thats the old me talking, only kidding.
    I wish. Trust me i wish. Chances are he wasnt an iilegal, but possibly a political refugee and i wanted to add the State Dept on the lawsuit. I have to say im lucky on two counts, that i wasnt in my car and that my car insurance ponied up the $100k policy limits or id be effed for sure.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by steve e View Post
    Talon you deserve a Viper after all that.

..........image.jpg

Viper Owner

Man, there isn't much for sale right now as far as Gen II's go....

Plenty of RT/10's... I've got my eye on two 97's and a 99 that are just about in my range. I'd think by Monday ill know more about my bankruptcy.

Viper Owner

Alright man, update time....

Still waiting on info from the atty, been two weeks since they said they filed the motion to pay it off. Not much in my price range Gen II wise unless i finance almost $30k, but we will see when i get my money.

Got my check today, now the wait begins for the bankruptcy TTEE to confirm its been paid off and then i can apply for a loan and then start my serious shopping!! Worse comes to worse, ill get a cheaper possibly rebuilt title car, cause i can always buy another Viper Theres a $27k '03 little over an hour away that needs paint and a window for the top.

Viper Club of America Business Office

This is great news, Talon! You are almost there...

VCA Member
    UT/AZ

Go check it out.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by TalonTSi90 View Post
    Got my check today, now the wait begins for the bankruptcy TTEE to confirm its been paid off and then i can apply for a loan and then start my serious shopping!! Worse comes to worse, ill get a cheaper possibly rebuilt title car, cause i can always buy another Viper Theres a $27k '03 little over an hour away that needs paint and a window for the top.

I've been telling you all along, get a Viper within your budget and fix it up. Someday, if you hit the lottery or manage to form an intimate relationship with a woman that can force you to work outside your comfort zone enough to succeed at something, you can buy the one you really want.

Lmao, I still don't know what my budget is and there (may be) are plenty of options out there. At this point I could feel ok with not getting the 'perfect' one and buying another down the road

VCA Member
    Gulf States

I've been telling you all along, get a Viper within your budget and fix it up. Someday, if you hit the lottery or manage to form an intimate relationship with a woman that can force you to work outside your comfort zone enough to succeed at something, you can buy the one you really want.
    Free he could always marry a sugar momma.

Viper Owner

Free he could always marry a sugar momma.
    He needs a woman that will crack a whip on his ass.....

Viper Owner

Talon, did you break down and get that Kia Rio yet?

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Free you know when you poke fun at him he just blames me.

Why would i downgrade from my current car?

Free you know when you poke fun at him he just blames me.
    No, you just dont like me for some reason.

VCA Member
    Gulf States

I don't go around trolling websites and forums pretending to be something I'm not and pretending to know all about a car I know nothing
    about. You are wrong to think that it's something personal to only you. Trust me I would never put that much effort into just you. I don't like people who are defined as above.

I don't go around trolling websites and forums pretending to be something I'm not and pretending to know all about a car I know nothing
    about. You are wrong to think that it's something personal to only you. Trust me I would never put that much effort into just you. I don't like people who are defined as above.
    Show me ONE post where i fit that description? I never claimed to be anyone else and im certainly not trolling, or the owners wouldnt have seen fit to let me stay. I can state quite honestly Janey did about as much of a background check on me as my employer did, and i work for a very secure federal entity.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast