That Old Feeling

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today, I took my new viper out and stretched its legs for the first time. It has been many months since I've been behind the wheel. I really enjoyed getting to know this TA beast, my last car was a GTS. All I kept thinking about is how wonderful it was to be alive and driving. Shouldn't life be that way? I am a car enthusiast from the word go, so for me at least the track or a curvy stretch of road is a healing place. When my new car was delivered, I spent most of the evening on the floor in my garage crawling around. I
spent a lot of time in the seat also just drinking it in. A very good friend of mine told me that when he bought his first Viper, he actually slept in his car the first night.:rolaugh: Granted a bottle of wine was involved but nonetheless there wasn't anywhere in the
world at that particular moment he would have rather been. There is something about these metal machines that stir emotions we can't explain. They cause us to save and scrape together our last dollar for them. Sometimes around here we forget why this forum exists. Its a place for like minded individuals to share their amazing stories, ask questions and build relationships. The Viper regardless of Gen is an amazing beast that commands respect and balls to the wall fun. How wonderful is it to take your car out for
a drive? How long has it been? Maybe now is the time to get back in the seat.

Broom

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, well said. I can't think of any car south of $250k that looks as hot.

Purple Haze

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that's well said!!! Parked and wrapped mine in mid September but about once every week or so I sit it and absorb it all. Thanks for sharing...Can't wait to get the beast out in a couple months. Being my first Viper I cherish it.

Today, I took my new viper out and stretched its legs for the first time. It has been many months since I've been behind the wheel. I really enjoyed getting to know this TA beast, my last car was a GTS. All I kept thinking about is how wonderful it was to be alive and driving. Shouldn't life be that way? I am a car enthusiast from the word go, so for me at least the track or a curvy stretch of road is a healing place. When my new car was delivered, I spent most of the evening on the floor in my garage crawling around. I
spent a lot of time in the seat also just drinking it in. A very good friend of mine told me that when he bought his first Viper, he actually slept in his car the first night.:rolaugh: Granted a bottle of wine was involved but nonetheless there wasn't anywhere in the
world at that particular moment he would have rather been. There is something about these metal machines that stir emotions we can't explain. They cause us to save and scrape together our last dollar for them. Sometimes around here we forget why this forum exists. Its a place for like minded individuals to share their amazing stories, ask questions and build relationships. The Viper regardless of Gen is an amazing beast that commands respect and balls to the wall fun. How wonderful is it to take your car out for

Broom

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post Broom. And so true. Back in the year 2000, I had open heart surgery ( yes, lawyers do have a heart and it was a one time repair job not a heart attack). The first thing I did when I got home, against medical advice and instructions, was grab the keys to my then 1999 GTS and take a ride up and down my street with chest pillow attached. I always smile when I think about it. It was nuts to do it but to paraphrase what you said: " It was wonderful to be alive and driving".

Broom

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great story Broom and I resemble that friend who got lost in the aura of the Scintillating Snake ..................drank a whole bottle of Cab in the garage the first night I got my 98 GTS. My wife found me sitting in a chair next to the Viper , wide awake , still staring at my new found automotive mistress and totally unaware it was 3 am. What the heck I had only been enthralled for around 5 hours in the garage, and it seemed like minutes. I soon decided to join AA (Asps Anonymous ) , so I could stand up in a friendly crowd and proclaim, " Hello, my name is Bill , and .....................I am a Viperholic!"

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, as you know my new GTC comes in tomorrow from Blair. It is too cold here in Seattle to sit in the lower parking garage, drink wine and not freeze certain parts that I want to keep. That is a wonderful post Broom......Bill....I am still having problems thinking about a second 2017. Help and where do I join AA?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why Bob, having known you for years, I think we can offer you an Honorary AA membership from afar.

Viperholic - a person who is passionately drunk on the happiness a Viper instills on their being.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today, I took my new viper out and stretched its legs for the first time. It has been many months since I've been behind the wheel. I really enjoyed getting to know this TA beast, my last car was a GTS.
I would be interested in reading your impressions about the driving experience of the TA versus the GTS. Not from a comfort standpoint; but, from a seat-of-the-pants driving experience.

FLAT OUT

VCA Member
Reaction score
Every time I grab the Viper keys, I know it'll be a fun ride! The thrill of the car has never left me after all these years. Congrats on your TA ,Broom! Cathy was thrilled that you texted her pictures the other night.

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Lisa, what a breath of fresh air to read your post! You bring SO much love and enthusiasm for the Viper that it is infectious! We are very fortunate to live in sunny Florida ( altho yesterday it was so windy it was like a mild hurricane! )
But other than the oppressive heat, love bugs twice a year , and rainy season we can enjoy our cars year round! I think my husband needs to join AA -- Asps Anonymous

OP
OP
broomrider

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why Bob, having known you for years, I think we can offer you an Honorary AA membership from afar.

Viperholic - a person who is passionately drunk on the happiness a Viper instills on their being.
I love it Bill. That makes you our sponsor. Let me be next in saying. Hi I'm Lisa and I'm a totally addicted viperholic.

OP
OP
broomrider

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time I grab the Viper keys, I know it'll be a fun ride! The thrill of the car has never left me after all these years. Congrats on your TA ,Broom! Cathy was thrilled that you texted her pictures the other night.
I could not wait to send you guys pics. I think a lot of you and Cathy. You two are amazing.

OP
OP
broomrider

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in reading your impressions about the driving experience of the TA versus the GTS. Not from a comfort standpoint; but, from a seat-of-the-pants driving experience.
I certainly will. I have to play nice for now. I observe break in religiously. Once I get the opportunity to let my long black hair down and put
my foot on the floor, I will give a thorough analysis.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I certainly will. I have to play nice for now. I observe break in religiously. Once I get the opportunity to let my long black hair down and put
my foot on the floor, I will give a thorough analysis.

Are you ever gonna let Eric drive it again?....:D

Jc121285

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Broom

I can remember the very first time I sat in a Viper, I was 16 and had just gotten my license. Was at a track with my older brother watching this beautiful red striped GTS second gen run the course and when he pulled it off the track and parked it I was so excited to walk over and talk to the guy about it. We talked a bit and I told him that one day I was going to own one. He laughed and told me to save my pennies. Up until that time the Viper was just a huge poster I had on my wall, something I would dream about since I was a little boy. When the guy told me I could sit in it I thought I was going to faint. Save my pennies I did! Since that time I had the pleasure of driving (parking lots) a few Vipers and just made it a promise that one day I would buy one. Here I am and I finally bought one. %100 know the feeling of just sitting in the garage and dreaming, detailing it, or just sitting and reading thru the owners manual one last time in case I missed something. The feeling you get when you drive these cars is something that I don't believe I could put into words. Im glad to know that Im not the only nutty that will sit in the garage for hours and just try to come up with excuses to tell myself why I need to just spend 5 more mins standing next to my car.

OP
OP
broomrider

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a very similar story myself. I just love going into the garage and hanging out, detailing etc. I have always had a deep passion for cars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper