Trying to figure out this supercharged gen 1.5 RT10. Gen 1 motor with a supercharger?

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://denver.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=dodge+viper+supercharged&sort=rel

So searching for this info is proving to be pretty tough. I'm trying to figure what engine this car has. Is it a Gen 1, or a forged gen 2?

If I'm not mistaken, the Gen 1's had different heads than the Gen 2. On ROE's site, they don't offer a supercharger for a gen 1. So does the ROE supercharger only bolt up to gen 2 engines, or did they used to offer a charger for a gen 1? Or will the ROE charger bolt up to both gen 1 and 2 engines??

I know the 96 GTS came with the forged pistons, then the 97 RT10 came with them. But did they stick some forged piston engines in the 96 RT10 model?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Trying to figure out this supercharged gen 1.5 RT10. Gen 1 motor with a superchar

I was pretty sure Roe made Gen 1 kits back in the day as well. I know I've always wanted to try to track one down for my mom's 94, but they're pretty hard to come by since production ended. Systems rarely come up for sale used.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Trying to figure out this supercharged gen 1.5 RT10. Gen 1 motor with a superchar

Yes, Roe made them for Gen I cars...have seen several.

OP
OP
J

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cool, Thanks for the help guys.