1996 RT/10 Side Sill Question

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car is pretty much about 98% stock, so I was trying to fix a couple of loose ends and was just curious if someone has a picture of how they came from the factory. I'm guessing the previous owner was in here for some reason, as a couple of the rivets were missing. Not sure if those screws came like that from the factory. Also, if those rivets are correct, does anyone know what size they are? 1 is missing on the passenger side.

Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sills were repainted when I first got the car about ten years ago. They lasted fairly long 10,000 miles on the car and then the paint started to bubble at about15, I had them repainted but within a month they started bubbling again. If you just take the bolts off you can remove the sills. I believe the rivets hold the insulation underneath. I had heads put on and borlo exhaust. They are really loud but cooler than before. Had them in an airplane wrap that keeps them cooler. Bad paint job of not getting the defects out of the aluminum caused bubbles. Speak to Steve about that. But I like them. A little to loud. Had Steve at Autoform put a new top on. It looks great and has window that aren't that bad. Slider in the front.