1996 RT/10 Fuel Filter Replacement

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going up under there for the first time, and quick (dumb) question first. The special quick disconnect tool, do I need to purchase one, or is it part of the fuel lines up under the car where the filter connects to the lines? Also, any tips from anyone who has performed this? I know not to yank on the top line due to the risk of breaking it at the top of the tank. I was told to disconnect the bottom line first, and while leaving the filter still bolted in place, then try to disconnect the upper connection, and when both lines are disconnected, then unbolt the filter and replace. I purchased the Napa Gold 3325 filter, so I should be all set. Hopefully it won't turn into a nightmare. Not sure when it might have been replaced by the previous owner, so just want to get it done once and for all. The Service Manual didn't offer any special info other than the obvious.

If I need that tool, does anyone have the NAPA part number, which I'm assuming (that same tool) will be good for disconnecting both sides/ends?

Regards, Chris.

whatthe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great write up from Dan B on this he removed the rear wheel and inner fender I did that also on my 94

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good advice to leave it clamped in, on any car. On my Talon i had to use Vice-Grip line wrenches to generate enough grip to keep from stripping the nuts, regular line wrenches werent cutting it.

In case you cant find them, this is what im talking about

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper