Thread: Know this Viper?

Reply to Thread

Default Know this Viper?

Cincinnati area https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=168085771

May go look at it tomorrow.

Enthusiast

Default Re: Know this Viper?

I see that the 998 recall is not done. That isn't necessarily a bad thing; but, if you want to get it done, there are only a few trustworthy places to do it right, that will be paid for by Dodge. (That is, according to posts on the forums.)

Thanks for the catch on that. Might be a negotiation point if I buy it.

Man, i really wish i could cuss here... these jokers wouldnt even open the door for me to look in let alone just SIT in the car. No explanation, nothing. Was afraid the seat would tear... im think "listen here you fat ****, have you ever sat in a leather seat and had it rip immediately?". I walked out, pissed. I called (TWICE to get someone to answer) and the 'manager' answered and said he was the one who told the sales people to not let anyone sit in it or test drive it. I said "you expect someone to drop $46k on a car they cant even sit in??? Good luck selling it" and hung up. If i HAD the cash today, i still would have walked for that reason. I worked at a European used car lot in winter 92-93 and never once did my boss ever flinch at letting me drive any of the cars, or letting customers test drive them. Were talking cars that went for a LOT more than $46k... If i were a snotty 21 year old punk nosed kid, i could see the attitude, but not for someone who was obviously (slightly) older than the fat salesman. I have half a mind to take what ever Viper i do get up there to rub it in their noses and make them realize they lost a sale and possibly more if my story keeps them from getting business. I also posted something on their FB page and they havent taken it down lol.

Viper Club of America Business Office

Their mistreatment is their loss - completely! Cargurus seems sketchy as it is. My 18 year old owns two vehicles and has the means to own more. For people to judge like that, especially potential business, is utterly absurd.
    I am sorry it didn't work out but kharma made it so. That Viper's probably not even worth the asking price (for one reason or another) and you would have been disappointed. Keep up the faith and keep looking. The right one WILL come along.

VCA Member
    UT/AZ

Talon, The same thing happend to me back in 1995 when I bought my first Viper, Found a good dealer and ordered it, when it came in I drove it to the ass wipe dealer and showed them my new Yellow RT 10, left 100 feet of tire smoke on there lot.

VCA Member
    UT/AZ

The best place in my opinion is Woodhouse, Got my 99 GTS there, Great Dealer.

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by steve e View Post
    Agree!!!!!

VCA Member
    South

Quote Originally Posted by TalonTSi90 View Post
    these jokers wouldnt even open the door for me to look in let alone just SIT in the car. No explanation, nothing.
    Now would be a good time for introspection.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

Viper Owner

I find it weird both front fenders are missing the outer seals.

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Quote Originally Posted by Free2go View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCeeJ View Post
    Their mistreatment is their loss - completely! Cargurus seems sketchy as it is. My 18 year old owns two vehicles and has the means to own more. For people to judge like that, especially potential business, is utterly absurd.
    I am sorry it didn't work out but kharma made it so. That Viper's probably not even worth the asking price (for one reason or another) and you would have been disappointed. Keep up the faith and keep looking. The right one WILL come along.
    Yea, i know its not worth the money, but even with my limited knowledge (compared to most on here), i know i still knew more about that car then they did. Asshats...

Talon, The same thing happend to me back in 1995 when I bought my first Viper, Found a good dealer and ordered it, when it came in I drove it to the ass wipe dealer and showed them my new Yellow RT 10, left 100 feet of tire smoke on there lot.
    I could understand if i was some snot nosed little 21yo punk, but not someone with a fairly nice car and obvious grey(ing) hair.

Yea, but way out of my price range.

Quote Originally Posted by speedracervr4 View Post
    I find it weird both front fenders are missing the outer seals.
    Yea, good catch, i thought something was missing, "collection car" my ass. If it was, it wouldnt have headers im sure...

Quote Originally Posted by broomrider View Post
    Just come out with it, do you want me to get a Viper or not? I dont understand your animosity towards me...

VCA Member
    Gulf States

Just come out with it, do you want me to get a Viper or not? I dont understand your animosity towards me...
    Oh stop with the thumb sucking already. I wouldn't have offered to help if I felt otherwise. I don't owe you an explanation for anything I post.

VCA Member
    South

I dont understand your animosity towards me...
    I don't know, maybe it's because you're a scruffled Buzzard amongst majestic Eagles?
    Supercharged 96 GTS

VCA Member
    Midsouth

Talon--
    There is a guy in Orlando with a 97 Red GTS 28K that wants 45K. Car looks real good. Contact Cathy Smiley for info.--Dave
    2005 Comm. Ed Conv, 2010 Coupe,2016 ACR Extreme

Viper Owner

got my 98 there and couldnt agree more, they are the best

Quote Originally Posted by 3whitevipers View Post
    Talon--
    There is a guy in Orlando with a 97 Red GTS 28K that wants 45K. Car looks real good. Contact Cathy Smiley for info.--Dave
    Thanks, but a red car is near the bottom of my list. I have a line on a black and b/w GTS for much less than that. I think I'm gonna end up with a Gen III for now, looks like ill need a sub 30k car and there's one an hour and a half away and Janey knows him I appreciate the heads up for sure

Viper Owner

I know where there is a Gen 5 Red that can be had mid 50s. 19K miles. It is a buy back but has a better warrenty now. Still original engine.

VCA Member
    South

I think I'm gonna end up with a Gen III for now
    You do realize the Gen III's are commonly confused with Vettes. And 98% of Vette owners are grayish, rapidly balding fat bastard braggarts.
    Supercharged 96 GTS

You do realize the Gen III's are commonly confused with Vettes. And 98% of Vette owners are grayish, rapidly balding fat bastard braggarts.
    You do realize you said "get the Viper you can afford"?

VCA Member
    Midsouth

Talon, what are you looking for? I'm selling a 2001 Acr & 2001 RT-10, I sent you a PM
    Attached Images
    2001 RT-10, 2008 SRT-10, 2013 GTS