How to install Polyurethane control arm bushings

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like a fun project and I have seriously considered it on my Gen III to help with wheel hop....but what I really want to know is the effort worth the results? Does the car feel better? I already have BC coilovers.... Do Poly bushings help with wheel hop? Thanks for sharing the vids.

OP
OP
B

Boosted Motorsports

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a fun project and I have seriously considered it on my Gen III to help with wheel hop....but what I really want to know is the effort worth the results? Does the car feel better? I already have BC coilovers.... Do Poly bushings help with wheel hop? Thanks for sharing the vids.

Car definitely feels better! I do not have wheel hop with my setup and Toyo R888 tires. Another thing you should take into account if you have the BC coilovers and it may be a huge contributor to your wheel hop is this. The OEM bushings are of a fixed and static design. What I mean by this is that the inner sleeve and outer shell of the bushing is fused together and whenever you change the ride height you technically should loosen and retighten the mounting points for the bushings. If you don't the bushings will be stressed and act as a spring trying to return to their original relaxed positions. Might be a pretty big contributor to your wheel hop and can affect ride quality and handling also!