Returning member, now with Gen5 !

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all!

I was very briefly a member of this community back in 2013 when I had my steel grey 2000 GTS. I sold my old viper to get another Supra, modded it like crazy but I was missing the Viper very much, so I sold the Supra and bit the bullet on a white 2014 GTS!

Funny thing, here's my last message on this board:

*last update*

Car made 435 whp and 500 wtq on a dyno without any correction, so this is pretty good numbers! :D

I sold the car not very long ago, I'm changing project, going with something less expensive to mod up to high HP numbers. I truly think the Viper GTS is the most intense / fun to drive car I've ever own and I'm very proud I owned one of these beast during some time :) Pretty sure I'll miss the torque, the sound and the driving feeling all together wrapped with that exotic **** badass look :D

Farewell Viper fans! it was short but so worth it :)

Well, now I can say I was dead right :) HAHAHA

I am very happy to own a Gen 5 now, it's like a dream come true! I love the car!
I picked it up saturday and been driving it a lot since :D

Specs:
White GTS
SRT hood
Black stripes
Black wheels
Carbon front lip
Carbon rear trunk lip
Carbon rear panel
Aluminum Viper door sill
Interior carbon trims

You must be registered for see images

Looking at maybe a set of lowered spring caps, this wheel gap is killing me!
I was thinking maybe a set of BC coilovers, but the GTS suspension is amazing, not sure how it'd feel about removing this incredible piece of technology.

Any feedbacks about the lowering caps vs coilovers ?
Thanks

Shaggy

Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice! Love the black strips on white. Looks good!

amilch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new gem. Since you had a gen 2 and now gen 5 what are any pros or cons with the gen 5? your feedback will be truly appreciated. thanks

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks very much everyone!

I am SO happy with my new car, it's truly an insane ride, already 1500 KM done since April 1st! I'm in love!

Congrats on your new gem. Since you had a gen 2 and now gen 5 what are any pros or cons with the gen 5? your feedback will be truly appreciated. thanks

Every aspects I loved about my gen 2 I found them back in my gen 5. I was afraid the new gens would not be as ******* as the old one, but they definitely are! The torque, the sound, the driving feeling everything is there!

One big difference I can see is the car feel much more stable, more forgiving to drive. I am more in confidence with it and therefore enjoying it even more!

I just received my spring caps, this wheel gap is killing me! Next pics are gonna be lowered a bit :)

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stability is one thing I've heard echoed over and over from early Gen owners. I agree it's still one hell of a Beast!

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gorgeous car bro

Welcome back!!!! Your car is beautiful.

Thanks! :D

Did you order her?

This is actually kind of a funny story; I went to my local Dodge dealer earlier this year and sat down to do the complete order process, here's what I chose for options:

- White
- Black Stripes
- Black Sidewinder Wheels
- Carbon front lip
- SRT hood (but wasn't possible)
- Carbon trunk lip
- Carbon tail light panel

The dealer called me back a couple days after telling me that ordering a Dodge Viper at this time was not possible, I was too late, SRT Dodge had already stopped production of the Viper.

Well **** :)
So I started lurking on used car sites and I found the one I own right now in Canada - Whinnipeg on Auto Trader, I couldn't be more lucky: Price was fair, low miles (1700 miles) and ALL the options I wanted!

- White
- Black Stripes
- Black Sidewinder Wheels
- Carbon front lip
- SRT hood
- Carbon trunk lip
- Carbon tail light panel

Funny thing that someone ordered in 2014 the exact same Viper I wanted today and barely used it, and more importantly was willing to sell it to me hahaha :D

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing that someone ordered in 2014 the exact same Viper I wanted today and barely used it, and more importantly was willing to sell it to me hahaha :D
You must have banked some good carma !

(misspelling intended)

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont you just love the cost of plates in quebec each year. around $1,000. what a deal................... not

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont you just love the cost of plates in quebec each year. around $1,000. what a deal................... not

Haha yeah it *****, but it's plated half of the year so 500$ to drive this beast during the summer, im fine with that :p

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Photoshoot time!