2004 Rebuild Question

LegalQs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My name is Jeremy and I am new to this forum.

I recently dropped a valve in cylinder 8 and destroyed the heads as a result. My mechanic (in las vegas) recommends I replace all sorts of parts in the process, and I would really appreciate any feedback on what you all would do if your budget was $15k to fix/upgrade this damage. 2004 SRT Roadster

Thank you in advance for any information

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, where do you want to go with your engine build? What performance goals did you have in mind?

OP
OP
L

LegalQs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the best i can for $12-15k

this car is an everyday driver. I don't track it, and I don't mind it being loud. I have Belanger building headers with straight pipes now. I am unprepared and inexperienced at this level of work but i am being forced into this with the damage. Any parts/mechanics you can recommend would help me out tremendously.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure of prices in Vegas, but in NJ in my old shop, if you dropped a valve, to bring the motor back to stock New condition kiss 12k-15k good by. O yea all most forgot, it will be bigger than stock how much depends how bad the cylinder was gouged and how much they have to bore it out, new liners and pistons, lots of fun stuff, it adds up fast in a aluminum V10 with pressed liners.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LegalQs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thx Steve.

I have a mechanic out here that told me for $12k in parts he would get the heads redone and bigger (idk how much), cam with a 623 lift, springs/valves/rockers, 40:60 pistons flat top, H rods, hiflow heads, modified crank shaft, and about $3500 in labor? Additionally, he recommends a stage 3 4puck clutch.

How does this sound and what should I watch out for or be aware of? Thank you

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good, since you are going that far with it, Install a T&D rocker arm kit its the best on the market very stabile, 10 times better than the stock stamped rockers. Good luck with everything.:) If they make it for your gen Viper, I know they make it for the gen 2 thats what I have.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper