Viper Owner
Reaction score
#140 for sale in Ca. on ebay, VIN ends 0438 only 889 miles from new

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
So, any guess'

Some believe that the VIN sequence number will be that total. To be blunt, they just lack common sense

To help, I currently have 500+ documented. We all know CAAP has to be filled with nothing but air on Sept 1. So finishing what has been ordered will be a challenge.

So what will be that final number?

Bonus question, total number built 92-2017?

Now I'll admit, this thread is based on what I see on the old interwebz and what "experts" have been discussing. Just couldn't take the *********** posts anymore

Prize...... I have no earthly idea.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope the prize is big. here is my guess ....................................i have to add those......... and these............and dont forget the special editions. 587 .

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think there will be a lot more than the numbers listed so far, partly due to the fact that we still have a lot of Vipers coming, and am sure that is also the case with the other large Dealers. Woodhouse still has over 30+ coming , with only 4 unsold. Many folks always forget , when figuring the build number, that some will go to Canada, as well as here in the good ole US of A.

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Sorry Jeff, I think there will be a lot more than the numbers listed so far, partly due to the fact that we still have a lot of Vipers coming, and am sure that is also the case with the other large Dealers. Woodhouse still has over 30+ coming , with only 4 unsold. Many folks always forget , when figuring the build number, that some will go to Canada, as well as here in the good ole US of A.

Bill, I am just listing what I have documented so far. I have a pretty good guess at what I think the final numbers will be, just not saying as it might adversely alter the guess's. Surely I hope you don't think I'm stupid enough to believe the 513 is the final number, that would make me truly insane and I'm pretty sure I still have all my marbles. I see many guess's out there on the old interwebz and some of them are pretty funny, however, it is their guess and not mine. Unlike some, I only know what I can prove and until about mid October, I may not know everything I need to know. Plant will close in August, but that doesn't mean the collecting of data ends there.

Unlike some folks out their, my data will always be based on what I can prove. There are a few of guys that do this every year, some on more models than just the Viper. We know it's a waiting game and the search is a lot of the fun. We at time compare notes and back each other up in things we find that may be missed, It's only April, and if I was to do some looking today, I'm sure I would find another 10 or so, but I'm a patient researcher. Time will tell and the final number will be what it is.

Care to make a guess on the 2017MY total and the grand total of all production Vipers?

Vj
Disclaimer: No longer doing open breakdowns, to much trouble

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My apologies , Jeff, but I rephrased my note , as it was intended to just be a comment, and not to sound like an accusation. Often we take things out of context on Forums , due to reading thread a different way, so wanted to correct it as I definitely enjoy and respect all the work you provide for the faithful.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I think there will be a lot more than the numbers listed so far, partly due to the fact that we still have a lot of Vipers coming, and am sure that is also the case with the other large Dealers. Woodhouse still has over 30+ coming , with only 4 unsold. Many folks always forget , when figuring the build number, that some will go to Canada, as well as here in the good ole US of A.

Not to mention Export, I see many that are going to the Middle East

My apologies , Jeff, but I rephrased my note , as it was intended to just be a comment, and not to sound like an accusation. Often we take things out of context on Forums , due to reading thread a different way, so wanted to correct it as I definitely enjoy and respect all the work you provide for the faithful.

Bill, you will always have my greatest respect and agree with the context issue. Make it a better day
Vj

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
So what year is the 4th and 5th lowest production numbers, and don't say 1990 and 1991 :)

1st - 1992 - 285
2nd - 2015 - 442
3rd - 2010 - 510
4th - 2017 - 538 (Disclaimer, it won't stay at forth, still more to come)
5th - 2016 - 645
6th - 2009 - 660

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, always appreciate your wealth of knowledge on all things Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper