List for 2+ Mile Space Shuttle Runway Event

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm putting together a list of those who have expressed an interest in running at Space Florida's shuttle landing facility. It's over 3 miles of the smoothest exterior concrete surface in the world and there's no other place in the world like it. The event is Nov 4/5 and we will be doing 1/2, 1, 1.5, 2 and possibly 2.125 mile runs. There's no better chance of getting your car up to 200+ MPH and setting a new world record. The cost per driver that includes a guest, professional video with helicopter/ground cameras, tons of pictures, etc. is $1850 and you can bring up to 2 cars, you can only have 1 on runway at a time. If your guest wants to drive it's an additional $500 without the video, if they want a video it's an additional $750, total of $1250. You also have to join International Mile Racing Association for $55 to participate. IMRA runs the timing lights and certifies the speeds. There is only room for 40 cars and we have 26-30 total at this time ( including 15 Hellcats ) I'm working on details for the additional drivers/cars not shown below. After we get to 40 we will place others on standby. Adding your name/details at this point doesn't obligate you to pay, at some point there will be a deposit required and you will need to decide then. The event is run by Performance Power LLC/Johnny Bohmer and you can google BaddGT or Johnny Bohmer to see info on past events. It's a really over the top event and no one will leave there disappointed. Let me know thru PM and just copy/paste your info to the attached list. Thanks, David

DM+1 2010 SRT 10 Viper NA Modified
JC+1 2001 Viper GTS NA Modified
JD+1 1997 Viper GTS NA Stock
PS+1 2013 Viper GTS NA Modified
PT+1 2005 SRT Viper NA Stock
MB+1 2008 SRT Viper NA Modified
CM+1 2013 SRT Viper NA Stock
JS +1 2008 SRT Viper/2016 Challenger Hellcat NA Stock/SC Stock
LR+1 2017 SRT Viper NA Stock
MP+1 2015 Cadillac CTS-V SC Stock
DM+1 1966 Plymouth Belvedere TT Modified

Plus (15 ) Hellcats and approx. (4) others I don't have complete info on.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Wooooohooo!!!!!:drive:

I feel the same way, Nov can't get here soon enough except for the fact I need some time to get ready for that 210 MPH run. I hope a lot of us get those 200 MPH club patches.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Latest update on the list of participants for the Nov 4/5 event. Would be great to see a few high HP TT or SC Vipers on the runway. We are at about 31 so not many spots left and I have a few that are expected but I haven't added to the list yet.

DM+1 2010 SRT 10 Viper NA Modified
JC+1 2001 Viper GTS NA Modified
JD+1 1997 Viper GTS NA Stock
PS+1 2013 Viper GTS NA Modified
PT+1 2005 SRT Viper NA Stock
MB+1 2008 SRT Viper NA Modified
CM+1 2013 SRT Viper NA Stock
JS +1 2008 SRT Viper/2016 Challenger Hellcat NA Stock/SC Stock
LR+1 2017 SRT Viper NA Stock
BW+1 2013 SRT Viper GTS NA Stock
AB+1 2013 SRT Viper NA Stock
MP+1 2015 Cadillac CTS-V SC Stock
DM+1 1966 Plymouth Belvedere TT Modified

Plus (15 ) Hellcats and approx. (3) others I don't have complete info on.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of fun, bummer I already have a conflict. Besides, RT/10 wouldn't fare well on the top end.

FLAT OUT

VCA Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this! Can't wait for November ! Looks like both cars will need new tires but now I know I can burn the old ones off !

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! What an opportunity. Not in my ragtop though. I want to see some 200mph runs (Broom, I'm talking to you)

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! What an opportunity. Not in my ragtop though. I want to see some 200mph runs (Broom, I'm talking to you)
Ha! I will. I'm going to give it hell. I can't wait. I get super excited, when i think about going. I want to do this so I can say I did.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be over near KSC in next few weeks and I will stop at a few hotels and see if I can arrange for a group rate for us if you guys are interested. Since most of us are coming from out of town I will assume we will need 30-40 rooms or more to cover everyone. Plus I will check out the local eating joints and list some choices if everyone wants to do a Viper Dinner. If you have any requests or suggestions let me know. Thanks, David

DavidHale

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in being a part of this event.

Thanks,
David Hale

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I've got an update from Johnny Bohmer regarding the Space Shuttle Runway Event. He called and told me he there would need to be some changes in order to make the event happen. So please see attached and let me know if you still have interest in coming.

1-We will only be able to run on Nov 4th only so it's now a 1 day event vs 2 days.
2-There will only be 20 cars allowed to participate vs the original 40 cars he indicated would be allowed.
3-There will be no helicopter or video but you can now bring your own GoPro
4-You are still allowed to bring 1 guest at no additional cost.
5-You can still let another driver drive your car at an additional cost of $500.
6-Additional guests are allowed to come at a cost of $250 each
7-You have to be at Kennedy Space Center badge office on Nov 3rd to pick up badge since they are closed on weekends.
8-You can still bring a second car but as before you can only have one on runway at a time.
9-The longest runs possible will be 2.3 miles now but we will do 1/2 mile and 1 mile runs ( for worlds record attempts )
10-The International Mile Racing Association will be timing all runs, 1/2 mile to 2.3 miles and will certify any new 1 mile world records

Now for the worst of it, the cost is $2685.00 vs the $1850.00 he had indicated before. I still want to point out that its the longest runway event that I know of in the US and it's 3.3 miles of the smoothest exterior concrete surface in the world. There's no where else that you can take your car and hold down the noisy petal for 2.3 miles and reaching 200+ should happen for those who want to push it. All this in addition to the fact you and your car are on the Space Shuttle Runway, the place where so many shuttles returned to earth. It's the best event I've ever been to so I hope you guys are still interested. Thanks, David

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I've got an update from Johnny Bohmer regarding the Space Shuttle Runway Event. He called and told me he there would need to be some changes in order to make the event happen. So please see attached and let me know if you still have interest in coming.

1-We will only be able to run on Nov 4th only so it's now a 1 day event vs 2 days.
2-There will only be 20 cars allowed to participate vs the original 40 cars he indicated would be allowed.
3-There will be no helicopter or video but you can now bring your own GoPro
4-You are still allowed to bring 1 guest at no additional cost.
5-You can still let another driver drive your car at an additional cost of $500.
6-Additional guests are allowed to come at a cost of $250 each
7-You have to be at Kennedy Space Center badge office on Nov 3rd to pick up badge since they are closed on weekends.
8-You can still bring a second car but as before you can only have one on runway at a time.
9-The longest runs possible will be 2.3 miles now but we will do 1/2 mile and 1 mile runs ( for worlds record attempts )
10-The International Mile Racing Association will be timing all runs, 1/2 mile to 2.3 miles and will certify any new 1 mile world records

Now for the worst of it, the cost is $2685.00 vs the $1850.00 he had indicated before. I still want to point out that its the longest runway event that I know of in the US and it's 3.3 miles of the smoothest exterior concrete surface in the world. There's no where else that you can take your car and hold down the noisy petal for 2.3 miles and reaching 200+ should happen for those who want to push it. All this in addition to the fact you and your car are on the Space Shuttle Runway, the place where so many shuttles returned to earth. It's the best event I've ever been to so I hope you guys are still interested. Thanks, David

UPDATE: I spoke to Johnny Bohmer regarding the "no helicopter video" at the event. I had told him that a lot of people were upset more about the no helicopter video than the other changes. He has agreed to supply the helicopter and video crew and do the videos at the same $2685 as long as we have 20 cars there. Please let me know your interest please. Thanks

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
At this point it doesn't look like there is much interest in the Nov 4th event with the changes he made. I'm going to switch and run in the Sept 23 event just so I can see what the changes I made do for the top end speed. Really hoping for 210-215 MPH this time in a NA Viper. I will put together a GoPro video and post it after the editing is done. If anyone is interested in going to this event let me know. At this point there are only 9 cars so you will get plenty of runs in during the day. We will be doing 1/2, 1, 2 and 2.3 mile runs all day Saturday. Cut off is August 23 as you have to get paperwork for badges in by then to be allowed on NASA property. Hope to see at least a few Vipers there. Thanks, David