Big Break Kit für 1994 RT/10 Gen1

Stahlhart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

a few years ago I saw a Big Break Kit with OEM SRT10 parts on a Gen2 Viper.

I haven´t found a Dealer who sales this parts for a Gen1.

This solution would be perfekt for a legal street car in Germany. Does anybody know if it fits a 1994 RT/10 an where I can buy the adapters?

Thank you guys an have a nice day.

Greetings from Germany.

Jürgen

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark at IPSCo_Org is the one who manufactures the brackets. I have talked with him before and he is very helpful.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talon needs a Big "Break" Kit. Maybe from a rich uncle or something.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

a few years ago I saw a Big Break Kit with OEM SRT10 parts on a Gen2 Viper.

I haven´t found a Dealer who sales this parts for a Gen1.

This solution would be perfekt for a legal street car in Germany. Does anybody know if it fits a 1994 RT/10 an where I can buy the adapters?

Thank you guys an have a nice day.

Greetings from Germany.

Jürgen

If you are still using gen 1 wheels you'll probably need to upgrade those to something larger as I think that's usually the main problem with any large brake upgrades on the early cars. The 17" rims just don't have the space for larger rotors and calipers. Just something to keep in mind for total cost.

OP
OP
S

Stahlhart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi at all,

thanks for your respond.

@AZTVR: Did you make the Upgrade? Do you have pictures?

Are there any aftermarket rotors - maybe drilled - you can recommand?

If you are still using gen 1 wheels you'll probably need to upgrade those to something larger as I think that's usually the main problem with any large brake upgrades on the early cars. The 17" rims just don't have the space for larger rotors and calipers. Just something to keep in mind for total cost.

I know this well on my other cars, I have a 420mm ceramic break on my Audi RS6 :). On my Gen1 I installed the SRT10 Gen3 Rims.

Thank you guys.

Jürgen

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@AZTVR: Did you make the Upgrade? Do you have pictures?

Are there any aftermarket rotors - maybe drilled - you can recommand?

I had considered the upgrade you are talking about; but, Jon at Partsrack.com had a very good price on a Stoptech big brake kit; so, I went with that. It used the emergency brake kit from IPSCO with some modifications; so, that is how I became acquainted with Mark at IPSCO.

I did the upgrade on my 2002 Gen 2 GTS; so, I don't know if there are unique differences with doing it on a Gen 1. Here is a thread done by a friend who did the SRT brake upgrade on a Gen II. Dave\'s Big Brake Upgrade

As a bit of history, a very enthusiastic Viper owner (Dave Cawthorne, a.k.a., Big Brake Dave) developed the kit with the help of others, including Mark at IPSCO. When Dave passed away, Jon at Partsrack.com bought the business, and as far as I know still sells the components, as does IPSCO. Jon is also an excellent resource if you are a buying customer. Not everything that he sells is on his website; and he sells just about anything Viper related.

Drilled rotors are not a good idea for cars that are tracked; but, OK for cruising street cars. At one time, before putting the Stoptechs on, I had EBC slotted and dimpled rotors.

One last thing: it is "brakes" , not "breaks," which is a common mistake for an English speaker.

Good luck with your bremsen !