Gen V Medusa Production or For Sale?

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey All,

I posted in the RT/10 section.
I had a 2000 RT/10 which I sold with 108,000 Miles.
Yup, I drove it daily!!!!

Anyway for what some people are asking for their 1999-2000 RT/10's, I am think of spending a little more and getting a new (or slightly used Gen V SRT).

Being that I love roadsters, I was wondering: How many Medusa Vipers were really produced by the after-market shop?

If I can't find a Medusa, I will just buy a New/Used Gen V and have it converted.

Anyone have any feedback on the Medusa (Any owners on this forum)?
Any leaks on the top? Any Body-Flex issues?
Cost of the conversion?
Link to the company?

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated!!!!

Also, know of a few best places to negotiate a fair price?

A fellow member "Orange Viper" lives in Rancho Santa Margarita. and seeing him is bringing me back to the Snake Pit and Viper Nation.

Thanks,

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Every once in awhile I see a Medusa come up for sale on everycarlisted.com

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix is the company that performed the modification. They used the factory Gen 3/4 top, so fitment was not issue at all. Cost to convert would be around 15K. I haven't looked in a while, but I though there where still some new ones that had not sold. Tomball Dodge is who was selling them new.

OP
OP
V

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just checked their site, and a few other Dodge Dealers, they have new Vipers. But then I have to buy the car, and drop it off for the conversion.
Also, I wanted to talk to a few owners who have done either the Targa or the Convertible, and wanted their feedback.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Targa is not being done anymore by Prefix ( issues on cost and the supplier ) and only a very, very few were done. If you really want to go ******* , get a Gen IV and save yourself some grief , and expense , imho. Otherwise the Gen Vs are out there and you may find a roof and killer A/C may change your mind about a roof over your head.

OP
OP
V

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF anyone knows of a Prefix Viper for sale in Red, please PM me directly.

BTW Question: Why is the Prefix conversion so expensive as its basically some body work? Correct? or is there more to it than that?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
There is a great deal of fab work done both interior and exterior