Starter turning over but won't start.

97rt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 97 rt/10. Brought it home less than two weeks ago. It's been 6 days since I started it and when I tried this morning I had full cranking and all electrical worked but it wouldn't start. I tried jumping it with a jump box and jumper cables hooked up to my car. Do you guys still think it might be a battery issue, or something else? Do these cars have fuel pump issues?

roller

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Swap the horn relay with the ASD relay in the engine compartment fuse box. ASD relay may be bad, and its the same relay as the horn relay.

Frank

whatthe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if swapping the relay does not work you can get a fuel pressure test gauge at O'Reilys or similar auto parts store they will require a deposit, fuel pressure should be 55

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
DoeS fuel pump turn on? If not, try pulling its relay in the trunk, reinstall, try to start. Is battery fully charged? Voltage when tested??

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This screams fried PCM if the fuel pump is not cycling. Jump starting, jump boxes, and old battery chargers are the #1 cause of fried PCM's, especially on Gen-1/2 applications.

If you need additional assistance, just shoot me an e-mail.

[email protected]