2001 Gts Alarm problem

siga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello :)

I am Tobias and i live in germany.
I own a viper gts 2001 gen 2.

Sorry for my bad english but i will try.

I have an issue with my Alarm system.

When i lock the car with the fob everything is ok. Car stays in the garage.

But few days ago the car stand at my work. I locked it with the fob.
Sometimes When i look out the Windows to my car, i can See the lamps flashing. Something triggers maybe the alarm?

When i wait the flashing, it stops self. About 10 minuten. The everything is good.

I can imagine my car do that even in the garage. So I dont lock it in garage. T hats no Problem but on street i dont want the car flashing sometimes.

What cold be the Problem?

I check ed the switches hood, doors and hatch. They work. Have the car maybe another trigger like movement sensor?

I tried Something. I moved the hood switch down. So the car think the hood is permanent open ! The When i lock the car with fob, the doors lock and no flashing appear. (I know the alarm is not set but the flashing is my big ger problem). I Would live with it but in this case ther is a New Problem. The car unlocks after 2 hours self. Then everyone could go Insider the car. That is not good :(

Now my quest Ion ;)

Is There a way to lock the car without arming the alarm? And no self opening after 2 hours?

My battery is in goog condition (i think )

And my fob dooing its Job.

Best regards
Tobias

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hello, Tobias. There is no motion sensor. I always suggest checking battery voltage before going too far. If low, charge battery if possible. If it does not fully charge, I would replace battery. My next question concerns the LED's in the door handles. Do they go off within a minute of closing doors? After all of the above, I would be sure that the hatch and hood switches are correctly positioned...especially when you test those items by firmly pushing on hood and hatch while alarm is set.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I failed to state that I would extend the height of the hood switch in an attempt to keep that switch functioning while evaluating the EEM.

OP
OP
S

siga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx

I will look for the led in the doors what they do.

The hood switch and hatch switch werde testet. I locked the car and open the hood, then alarm flashes. The Same with the hatch. So I think the switches are correctly "seated" ? I will test to pushen on the hood if the switch reacts maybe.

But I think its another Problem.

Quest Ion is, the car cranks good on start up. Is There a way that the voltage ist too low for the alarm so its trigger the alarm ? But the voltage is enough to crank a 8ltr v10 engine?

The net question,
Is There a way to deactivate the alarm for al the time? To lock the doors without having an alarm? (Maybe a fuse or cutting a cable to make this happen?

Best regards
Tobias

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes, low voltage may set the alarm...and/or cause the Electronic Entry Module (EEM) to do strange things such as sounding horn as you open or close doors. As far as I know, one cannot disable this system

OP
OP
S

siga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when I lock the doors with the fob, the led in the doors go off and stay off.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
That is a good sign for EEM. What happens when you close doors without locking/alarming car? Do the LED's still go off? What is the voltage reading of battery with all systems off?

OP
OP
S

siga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without locking they go off too.

I dont know the voltage.

I will measure it the next days.

Should be measured locked or unlocked?

What voltage i need so we could say its not the Problem?

Thx

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Test unlocked, hood open for easy access. If below 12.4volts, try to charge to full charge. It would be interesting to know if you have an abnormal current draw on battery...can test directly at battery with ammeter...after circuits have timed out and all systems off with closed doors, hood, hatch. Should not read more than 35 milliamps.

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you test the switch between the seats in the compartment. I had an issue with this on mine a while back.

OP
OP
S

siga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mean the key hole in the glove box?

How can i "test" it?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If you approach that switch...do so with great care. They become fragile with time and driveline heat...thus, they are easily broken. There are no replacements.

OP
OP
S

siga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I check ed the voltage direct on battery, it showed 12,7 .

But I changed the battery yesterday.

Same voltage 12,6 -12,7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper