Gen V Lower Spring Cap installation Guide

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was trying to find an install guide for the lowering caps but the info on Viper forums seems sparse, so I took a couple pics and wrote a small guide.
I know the installation is very straight forward and this guide is not needed for mose people out there but I if anyone need it then it will be available.

Here's a comparison between the two

You must be registered for see images

We started with the rear, first step is to remove the inner fenders, there's a couple screws:

Before you start the work on the suspension, you need to remove the fluid reservoir from the car.
It is located under the car and holds in place with a couple bolts.

Also, there's a small black hose you need to unplug:

Then you can proceed to remove the suspension, remove these two big studs:

You should end up with the whole suspension assembly + the reservoir in hands:

On to the fronts now, it's a little bit different; there's no inner fenders in the way and the reservoir is located in the wheel well.

Remove it:

Unplug the black hose again, then proceed to remove the suspension the same way you did for the rears.

Place the suspension on a spring clamp, and apply pressure to dampen the spring a little bit so the spring cap is loose on top

There's a small cut out part in the back of the cap and it comes out this way very easily:

Place the new lowered cap in place and loose the spring clamp, make sure everything sits correctly in place:

And then re-install the suspension, plug back in the black hose and re-install the reservoir.

I don't have proper pictures of the car sitting on the lowering caps but I can see a good difference, the height is much better. Pics coming soon :)
Not sure if an alignment is needed but I went to the dealer and the car was misaligned (some say it is from factory) so they aligned it properly.

Spacers are on the way! :D

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, still raining, but I was able to grab a couple pics before the storm hit!

I'd say the lowering cap drop isn't very apparent on pictures. But people who have seen my car before and after definitely noticed it.

And I did too, I like it better like that. I'd go lower but roads here are garbage and it would be a pain to drive, so it'll stay that way.

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I finally have good pictures to compare with!

WITHOUT spring caps and spacers:

WITH spring caps and 3/8" spacers front and rear:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper