Comp Coupe Alignment Shim Kit

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
As the title suggests, is anyone making a more affordable version of these yet? The Dodge part number is P4510229 but the only place I've found them so far wants nearly $500 for a set of metal plates with some holes cut in them. Has anyone found a source that makes these other than finding old stock sitting out there somewhere? As an alternative, I'd consider a used set if someone has one laying around and would be willing to sell it at a price that makes more sense.

I know I can get there with just the eccentric bolts, but as my car is 90% street driven it would be great if I could just swap out shims before a track day or autocross to get some better handling. After my most recent track event I noticed while swapping wheels that I was actually wearing out the outside shoulder of the tire harder than the inside and wanted to try to prep for future events, but changing the alignment constantly is a drain on my pocket I would rather avoid as the car is also my daily driver.

OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
As an alternative, if someone has a set and can measure them all and provide me the dimensions, I know people that can make them for me.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try this part # P5154519

Tom Francis has them for $425.00 I see a number of mopar dealers have them on-line for $390 plus shipping

OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
All they are is a square plate with a hole drilled in them offset a certain amount. The set just has the hole located in a different place for each shim. I'm not sure what the overall dimensions are though. They aren't exactly "shims" in the sense that most people think of them as it's not a thickness control thing, but a hole location.

I realize you get 80 pieces of metal and a carrying case if I'm understanding the quantities correctly (8 of each shim so you can set each corner the same and I think 10 different positions that you can installed either direction for a total of 20 settings), but even $400 just seems nuts to me. That's $5 for each shim. I think more like $1-2 a shim sounds more reasonable for all the simpler they are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper