Hmm, ceramic coating

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Is that supposed to be like the "glass coat" stuff you can buy? I think I've seen a few different names for it in the past. I think opti-coat or something is the one that stands out.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ceramic coating is very beneficial. It actually protects the paint. I had it done to Beastie about 3 months ago worth every single penny. Washing is a breeze now. No waxing needed but get a foam gun for washing. After getting this done nothing will stick to your car, no bugs etc.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ceramic coating is very beneficial. It actually protects the paint. I had it done to Beastie about 3 months ago worth every single penny. Washing is a breeze now. No waxing needed but get a foam gun for washing. After getting this done nothing will stick to your car, no bugs etc.

What'd it cost Broom?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$2000 in addition to that I had clear bra done as well as powder coating on center caps and xbrace. Worth every penny.

Not too shabby. You gotta protect that last year production beauty you got there.

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a paint coating on my car and it ran around $60. Hard to beat for the money. The most important part is paint prep. I spent about 5 days polishing before I applied the coating.

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GET IT DONE TO YOUR RIDE!!! I do all my cars. But you have to do paint correction before applying.The shine is unreal and the paint protection is amazing. Still wax your car it will make it look even better. My guy here in Cali does it for $475 and that includes paint correction. Sorry Broomrider it sounds like your guy took you for a ride. Ceramic coating should never cost that much. There are other coatings that people charge more for but its not worth the extra money. If anyone here is SoCal wants it done I can give you my guys number. He is right around the corner from Dan C at SPT and Dan has seen my car after it was done.

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GET IT DONE TO YOUR RIDE!!! I do all my cars. But you have to do paint correction before applying.The shine is unreal and the paint protection is amazing. Still wax your car it will make it look even better. My guy here in Cali does it for $475 and that includes paint correction. Sorry Broomrider it sounds like your guy took you for a ride. Ceramic coating should never cost that much. There are other coatings that people charge more for but its not worth the extra money. If anyone here is SoCal wants it done I can give you my guys number. He is right around the corner from Dan C at SPT and Dan has seen my car after it was done.

Sorry Broomrider I just realized your price included clear bra and powder coating. Not a bad price then

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had five vehicles done in the past two years. The most noticeable difference is in my 2015 RAM and 2014 TA. The Viper stays cleaner and is a lot easier to wash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper